Well I finally dropped my Torch and chipped it today . When I picked it up I noticed that it had a pretty good size black spot where the dark gray use to be around the screen. I figured I would do the same as I did with my 8900 and sand the color off down to black. Well, I didn't realize that it is a metal trim ring around the screen. Take a look.
    11-26-10 12:11 PM
    I don't understand the point of this post, it sucks you dropped your phone though.
    11-26-10 12:15 PM
    i think he's just pointing out that it's actually a METAL bezel, unlike other BBs that have faux metal bezels and are actually plastic (see BB 9000). he's also showing us what the raw metal looks like in case any of us want to go that route.

posts like his satisfy the curious. they then get the answers to their questions without having to risk "ruining" their own devices to find these answers.

i, for one, appreciate posts like these.

but alas, i cannot see the larger versions of the pics.
    Last edited by mataleao; 11-26-10 at 01:48 PM. Reason: additional point.
    11-26-10 01:47 PM
    Doesn't look to bad. Are you going to file the bottom half down as well?
    11-26-10 01:53 PM
    i think he's just pointing out that it's actually a METAL bezel, unlike other BBs that have faux metal bezels and are actually plastic (see BB 9000). he's also showing us what the raw metal looks like in case any of us want to go that route.

posts like his satisfy the curious. they then get the answers to their questions without having to risk "ruining" their own devices to find these answers.

i, for one, appreciate posts like these.

but alas, i cannot see the larger versions of the pics.
    Exactly. I should have stated that, trying to talk and type does not always work. LOL... The raw metal is actually 2 colors, copper and silver.
    11-26-10 03:58 PM
    Doesn't look to bad. Are you going to file the bottom half down as well?
    The bottom half is coated plastic, so it would be black if I sanded it down. But that combo might look pretty good.
    11-26-10 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD