So mad I dropped my Torch today. Top corner and bottom corner of the slider has nice gashes. Screen is fine. Paid full price for the phone and since I'm in Canada I contacted RIM and out of warranty replacment is $300. Don't want to pay another 3 bills. Pretty mad cause I forgot my holster at home today. Can anyone think of a place they can touch up the silver bezel? It is chipped through the bezel. Damn I am pissed
    09-08-10 12:34 PM
    wait for the housing on the internet.. i think it's the cheapest way you can go
    09-08-10 12:37 PM
    09-08-10 12:39 PM
    So mad I dropped my Torch today. Top corner and bottom corner of the slider has nice gashes. Screen is fine. Paid full price for the phone and since I'm in Canada I contacted RIM and out of warranty replacment is $300. Don't want to pay another 3 bills. Pretty mad cause I forgot my holster at home today. Can anyone think of a place they can touch up the silver bezel? It is chipped through the bezel. Damn I am pissed
    I feel your pain. I had been waiting for RIM to release the pocket pouch. I always used it for my 9000. Monday my Torch feel out of my pocket while I was helping a friend with his car. It fell all of maybe a foot and landed on its face. The bezel looks like my almost two year old Bold now. I have one small scratch on the screen, but thankfully it is on the edge over the black edging. Had I have had the pouch this wouldn't have happened. I am a little upset that RIM took so long to release the cases for the Torch.
    09-08-10 12:59 PM
    I feel your pain. I had been waiting for RIM to release the pocket pouch. I always used it for my 9000. Monday my Torch feel out of my pocket while I was helping a friend with his car. It fell all of maybe a foot and landed on its face. The bezel looks like my almost two year old Bold now. I have one small scratch on the screen, but thankfully it is on the edge over the black edging. Had I have had the pouch this wouldn't have happened. I am a little upset that RIM took so long to release the cases for the Torch.
    Hmmm, the ***** that drops his expensive phone is upset at the company that made it because they should have had a protector earlier?

Unreal.
    09-08-10 01:03 PM
    Thanks for the links. just thinking if there is a shop somewhere that can touch up the silver bezel scratches and chips to fill it in etc.
    09-08-10 01:07 PM
    Hmmm, the ***** that drops his expensive phone is upset at the company that made it because they should have had a protector earlier?

Unreal.
    haha...thats the same guy that tries to rob ur house but breaks his ankle on the way in thru the window and sues u. people need to learn how to take responsibility for their own actions not blame other people.
    09-08-10 02:02 PM
    haha...thats the same guy that tries to rob ur house but breaks his ankle on the way in thru the window and sues u. people need to learn how to take responsibility for their own actions not blame other people.
    Thats why as soon as a hand comes through the window, you throw lead their way.
    09-08-10 02:17 PM
    That's. A shame there should be replacement parts eventually rim should aquire a material similar to "liquid metal" recenty aquired by apple there's a few articles out there interesting read. I droped my bold and I imediately lost my desire to keep it pretty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 02:27 PM
    Hey I blame rim for me dropping mine today too...If i wasn't so dang addicted to It i wouldn't have it in my hand and therefore wouldn't have dropped it...easy and logical, right? think if i call them and demand a new one i'll get it?
    Kevin
    09-08-10 02:37 PM
    Dear Mr RIM,
    Because i was using the device you made in the exact way you designed it to be made i dropped it and now it doesn't work/look as pretty as before. I demand to have a new one or you immediately lower the quality so it can be less attractive.
    sincerely,
    um, um, mr me...
    09-08-10 02:41 PM
    I have had my torch for a week and I just dropped it for the first time. I do not have any kind of a case for it yet. I was actually planning on going to pick one up tomorrow. I was walking to my car and it fell right out of my hand. It landed on the front. The battery cover popped off and the front bezel got chipped very badly. I was glad that the screen went unharmed but surprised at the extent of the chips in the bezel. the entire top edge right by the glass is chipped almost all the way across. and the bottom edge where the bezel meets the buttons and track pad is also seriously chipped. I AM SO MAD!!!!!!!

I have dropped other blackberries with no protection and none of them ever sustained this type of damage. When I dropped my tour it got a tiny little chip on the bezel. when I dropped my storm it got a few little scratches on it. I

I also noticed that the screen wobbles more now.
    10-02-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD