Any experience on how well the Torch performs after being dropped? It's a factor to consider for me when getting a new device and due to the weight and the sliding mechanism I would guess its rather critical?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 10:49 AM
    Ive dropped mine several times on carpet and concrete from no more then my own height(5 foot 10 inches). Every fall(front facing or back facing) the torch has been fine other then minor scratches on the chrome bezel. No extra play in the slider or any ill effects.
    12-13-10 11:12 AM
    I run mine naked and have dropped it several times on asphalt, concrete and carpet with no ill effects. No scratches even on it. I'd say it's holding up well.
    12-13-10 11:43 AM
    I've dropped mine on tile and linoleum. It's got some dings in the bezel but it runs perfect and there is no physical difference (like wobble, etc) other than the scratches.
    12-13-10 11:46 AM
    I've dropped it a few times with nothing more than very small paint dings on some of the bezel.

I'd recommend the $3.50 ebay cases though... They work as well as the expensive brand name ones or better...
    12-13-10 12:39 PM
    I kicked mine yesterday like it was a soccer ball... It dropped from the counter top and I tried softening the land but instead I karate kicked it and nothing happened to it... My foot is bruised though... Took me a while to remember why it hurt this morning..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 01:11 PM
    I've dropped mine several times in the closed position onto a tiled floor with no case and just yesterday I dropped it with the slider open again on a tiled floor from about 4 ft and no ill effects other than a chipped bezel
    12-13-10 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD