Just installed the latest drop box on my torch and it doesn't seem to work. It just freezes after it asks for permission. Tried restarting three times?

This app might be a good solution for transferring files between PC and Blackberry.
    10-17-10 01:00 PM
    I've been using it since it was in BETA and it has worked just fine. It sounds like you need to go to options/device/application management/dropbox/edit permissions and make sure all are set to "Allow".

Unfortunately, I'm about to uninstall it because it just doesn't do anything for me. You can only upload pictures from your phone...and your phone can only open .docs and spreadsheets and maybe a few other things...but you can't actually download anything from your Dropbox to the phone.
    10-17-10 01:17 PM
    ^What type of files do you want to open that don't work? I open mostly Office and PDF files, so its but an issue for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 01:57 PM
    i installed dropbox and it works, however I'm wondering if i should be able to save the files onto my device or device SD card?

Cuz I uploaded a photo, and I can't seem to save it. I can only view it.

Is there a limit to the filesize you can save? Can you even save? Thanks.
    10-17-10 02:10 PM
    ^What type of files do you want to open that don't work? I open mostly Office and PDF files, so its but an issue for me.
    What if I want to just transfer files from my computer to my phone? If I put an mp3 or something in my Dropbox I cannot download it. All I can do is open documents and edit them. It's very limited.
    10-17-10 02:15 PM
    Yea, I'm curious about transfering music. Although I guess the wifi music sync wold be your best bet provided you have wifi.
    10-17-10 03:27 PM
    I've been using it since it was in BETA and it has worked just fine. It sounds like you need to go to options/device/application management/dropbox/edit permissions and make sure all are set to "Allow".

Unfortunately, I'm about to uninstall it because it just doesn't do anything for me. You can only upload pictures from your phone...and your phone can only open .docs and spreadsheets and maybe a few other things...but you can't actually download anything from your Dropbox to the phone.
    Awesome, after manually giving it permission it works great now.

Thanks.
    10-17-10 03:29 PM
    I can't seem to find Dropbox in App World. Anything special I need to do or is it just a direct download?
    10-17-10 05:02 PM
    I'm confused about this app. I thought the point of Dropbox was to offer some diskspace on the cloud to and from which you could transfer files between your PC and BlackBerry. Yet all I'm reading is how the app cannot accommodate large files, can only handle certain file types (why should that matter as long as you have an app that can open it?) and has serious limitations on file transfers.

Did I misunderstand the idea behind Dropbox or the capabilities of the app? Do the iPhone and Android apps have similar limitations?
    10-17-10 07:15 PM
    I can't seem to find Dropbox in App World. Anything special I need to do or is it just a direct download?
    I think it's direct from their website Zach:-
    Dropbox - Blackberry - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
    10-18-10 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD