Battery charging shouldn't really be an issue for most. Most people probably have car chargers and spare USB cables for when they are in the office provided one works in an office.
    I agree, Just a big deal to me
    08-09-10 11:41 AM
    why is it hard for android and apple phone owners to accept the fact that there's a serious market for people who love the physical keyboards, the RED LED notification and the peace of mind for the so called battery life.

in my case.. i have a macbook pro and an i pod touch... i want/NEED a phone and not a redundancy of the ipod touch..
    parted with my 2 yr 3G for Bold 9000.
    now i'm happy.

we're not even putting the iPad in the mix.. which will make this more redundant.
    Why is this such a big argument for BB owners? The LED light....You guys aren't the only ones with that option.

No need to talk about the iPad. You already mentioned the iPhone and iPod touch, which are basically the same things but smaller.
    08-09-10 11:43 AM
    Why is this such a big argument for BB owners? The LED light....You guys aren't the only ones with that option.

No need to talk about the iPad. You already mentioned the iPhone and iPod touch, which are basically the same things but smaller.
    LED give me up to 15 minutes to see if any notifications have been received without having to un-sleep the device. If it ain't blinking I don't pick it up.
    08-09-10 11:46 AM
    I missed the LED when I was using the Adroid too.
    08-09-10 11:51 AM
    LED give me up to 15 minutes to see if any notifications have been received without having to un-sleep the device. If it ain't blinking I don't pick it up.
    I understand this. I was just simply stating that the LED isn't only available on BBs.
    08-09-10 11:54 AM
    I missed the LED when I was using the Adroid too.
    The Vibrant is one of the few Android devices that do not have the LED notifications. There are a lot of things about that device I do not like though.
    08-09-10 11:55 AM
    Battery life, physical keyboard, the notification system is nice...plus I think the 9700 is a really good looking phone. But, I'm cool with other people being ok charging a lot and wanting a different experience that is more robust for web browsing. What I don't get is the weird need to try to convince BB owners that they are basically naive or brainwashed for liking their phones. That is annoying.
    08-09-10 12:00 PM
    Battery life, physical keyboard, the notification system is nice...plus I think the 9700 is a really good looking phone. But, I'm cool with other people being ok charging a lot and wanting a different experience that is more robust for web browsing. What I don't get is the weird need to try to convince BB owners that they are basically naive or brainwashed for liking their phones. That is annoying.
    And that's the RUB!!

All we have been reading over the past week is how bad RIM is.... going down the drain..... my phone is better than yours.....

These forums used to be a great place to discuss all things blackberry. Now its becoming more like a pre-school playpen.
    08-09-10 12:05 PM
    Not sure how common the LEDs are, but the Droid X has one...it blinks green instead of the traditional red when I receive a message...a bit small compared to the 9550 I had but oh well.

I'd def. miss the LED light on a phone though.
    08-09-10 12:12 PM
    And that's the RUB!!

All we have been reading over the past week is how bad RIM is.... going down the drain..... my phone is better than yours.....

These forums used to be a great place to discuss all things blackberry. Now its becoming more like a pre-school playpen.
    Ahh yes, the 80's. Life was much simpler then!
    08-09-10 12:15 PM
    Ahh yes, the 80's. Life was much simpler then!
    Thanks for making my point.... such a d***
    08-09-10 12:16 PM
    I thought you were banned 11. I see you learned your lesson.
    08-09-10 12:17 PM
    I thought you were banned 11. I see you learned your lesson.
    I'm sure I'll get banned again. Dissent is not tolerated in here.
    08-09-10 12:19 PM
    I'm sure I'll get banned again. Dissent is not tolerated in here.
    Dissent is tolerated, but being a you-know-what is not.
    08-09-10 12:58 PM
    You still here? The 75 posts you have are all geared to trashing RIM. Please leave.
    Are you the moderator or website owner? If so, block my access if you feel so strongly about it. If not, please STFU.
    08-09-10 01:06 PM
    Are you the moderator or website owner? If so, block my access if you feel so strongly about it. If not, please STFU.
    First you can't SMTFU. Second, you bring nothing constructive to this forum.
    08-09-10 01:25 PM
    First you can't SMTFU. Second, you bring nothing constructive to this forum.
    In your opinion. However, my opinion seems to jive with at least 50% of the posters.
    08-09-10 01:26 PM
    Yawn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 01:30 PM
    I agree... bored with this thread now...no more bumps from me.... after this one
    08-09-10 01:39 PM
    No matter the reason for RIM having faithful followers (blind, deaf, dumb, sheep, etc.), the fact remains they still have customers. Somehow, based on all your posts I've seen, this burns you. Of course if you add 2-3 other phone OS's there will be a loss of market share. Seeing as the Android alone has numerous devices that exceed RIM's lineup, they would gain some share. iPhone lovers and those who lust after it and now are finally buying in would gain some share. Windows Phone may gain some share if anyone cares. But, they are still selling more blackberries than last year and that is the true measure. Either way, no money goes in my pocket nor is lost if RIM gains or loses share. What is it you are gaining or losing by making it your job to speak negatively on these forums?
    You must not read the news about the losses RIM is suffering and the need to revitalize their consumer smartphone offerings.
    08-09-10 03:15 PM
    Stop feeding the trolls.... they love it.
    08-09-10 03:38 PM
    LOL. And you must not read that Nokia is currently #1 in share. They are falling as well. Their losses, and RIM's, don't determine whether or not I purchase their phones though. I don't decide who to give my business to for a one time purchase/use until I see fit to move on from device based on market share. They could go out of business tomorrow and my phone would still work and make the same calls it does today. So what would I lose? Support if it dies? Perhaps. But by that time, I'm sure I would just purchase a new phone. I base my decisions on my needs and who fulfills them best.

Yes, there are plenty of consumers who are running for the HOT NEW PHONE. But, that doesn't mean they do what I want from a phone. The same can be said for the so called blind followers. It's a thing called PREFERENCE. You might like green, but I'm not going to argue that you should like yellow instead. You have your reasons for liking green. So, how about you let it go and stop making this your duty as if what you write would influence any person's personal PREFERENCE.
    You are correct about Nokia but they are #1 worldwide, not even close in the US. You are perfectly entitled to the phone of your choice that suits your needs. To each his own. The broader debate here is whether the Torch will succeed or fail in its mission to stop the bleeding for RIM and/or attract users of other platforms.
    08-09-10 03:45 PM
    You are correct about Nokia but they are #1 worldwide, not even close in the US.
    I don't think they'd really care about being number one in the US if they're number one in the world... The US is only about 10% of the global mobile market.
    08-09-10 03:51 PM
    RIM saw a 40% market share growth worldwide between quarter 2 2009 and quarter 2 2010 to climb into the 4th spot overall. It was the greatest market share growth of any of the top 5 cell phone companies. Samsung was second in growth at 22%. That's the bleeding you are debating?
    Last edited by D_March; 08-09-10 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Correcting the sample for increase. Sorry about that.
    08-09-10 03:58 PM
    08-09-10 05:00 PM
112 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD