1. mysteryjeans's Avatar
    I've searched the forums and haven't found a posting with a solution to this particular issue. I hope I didn't miss it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled DM. I've tried most, if not all, of the suggestions I've seen in the forums regarding the 0x80040fb3 error but so far I haven't found the fix for this problem.

    I'm getting the dreaded 0x80040fb3 error when I sync my Outlook 2003 contacts to my Torch 9800 using Desktop Manager 6.0.0.40. I'm on an XP PC. I have DM configured for a one-way sync from Outlook to the 9800 and I checked "Replace all data in the target application." In Advanced I unchecked the two "Confirm" options and set Conflict Resolution to be "Microsoft Outlook wins."

    If there are no contacts already on the phone it will sync just fine but subsequent syncs fail with the error.

    These same contacts will sync and re-sync to my Bold 9700 without the error, it's only the 9800 that gives the error.

    I exported all my contacts to an Excel spreadsheet to save them and to look for weirdness. I couldn't see anything wrong with them. There are no photos or other attachments.

    Once I had my contacts saved in a spreadsheet I deleted them all from Outlook and from my 9800. Then I created a single new Outlook contact with just a first name, last name, and Company. I sync'd it to the 9800 with no error. When I sync'd a second time, I got the error, *and* the contact was deleted from the 9800! So I'm pretty sure the problem is not caused by a malformed contact.

    Does anyone have a suggestion?
    Last edited by mysteryjeans; 08-19-10 at 10:50 AM.
    08-19-10 08:45 AM
  2. ugahairydawgs's Avatar
    I am having issues syncing contacts as well with OS X. At least you're lucky enough to be getting an error message to research. Mine just says sync cannot be performed and to try again.
    08-19-10 09:11 AM
  3. branflakes's Avatar
    I had it on my second sync. I had to remove all pictures attached to my Contacts from Outlook, then the sync worked fine.

    My contacts had Facebook pics attached, and that's what caused it.

    Might want to search the forums (all crackberry.com) for error code. I found my solution that way. Seems like other problems can cause the error, too.
    08-19-10 08:37 PM
  4. mrmeyer4irm's Avatar
    I had it on my second sync. I had to remove all pictures attached to my Contacts from Outlook, then the sync worked fine.

    My contacts had Facebook pics attached, and that's what caused it.

    Might want to search the forums (all crackberry.com) for error code. I found my solution that way. Seems like other problems can cause the error, too.
    Good call you fixed my problem too. When the software showed those problems I just told it to do nothing on either the device or in Outlook and everything went through just fine. Good call.
    09-30-10 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD