Got the Torch and don't know how I did it but I have doubled my contact list. One is the default list and the other is the Att address book. Have tried deleting all the default ones, because all the good info and ringers/photos for contact are on Att address book. It deletes them for about an hour or so then they all magically reappear. Don't know how to fix.
    12-17-10 12:00 AM
    That's a weird problem.

Did you load contacts from a backup off a PC?
    12-17-10 12:27 AM
    I think I did when I updated my desktop software because I upgraded from an 8310 to the torch. After I activated att address book, they were doubled and won't go away.
    12-17-10 10:29 AM
    Ya, there is one att addr book and another associated with your email account. Easiest way is to delet the nabsync cod files using bbsak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 11:22 AM
    How do I manage that?
    12-17-10 12:52 PM
    Download and install BBSAK v1.9.11. Connect and choose the middle tab. Read system. On the right find ans shift-select the 4 COD file with "nabsync" in their name. Choose remove or delete. Once the phone reboots, problem solved.

You could also login to your account via a PC and shut down nabsync. This will correct the issue but NOT remove att addr book from your device. The only way to do that is per my instructions above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 12-17-10 at 03:56 PM.
    12-17-10 03:54 PM
    I've been working on trying to do this for a while today. I've removed the 4 nabsync cod files on the phone w/ BBSAK. But, all my contacts still show as the ATT address book. My contact list still shows the ATT address book (with 104 entries) and the default (with 10 entries).
    How do I get my contacts back to the default address book?

Also, how do you shut down the "nabsync"/att address book on ATT's website? I've looked all over my address book's account and can't find anything that says turn off, shut down. I see... Contacts, Local Search, Settings, Help.

Thanks
    Last edited by dwade62; 12-31-10 at 04:19 PM.
    12-31-10 04:17 PM
    Anyone have more simple answer to this? Need to fix this problem. It's driving me nuts. Some contacts have 4 listings...
    Not sure I'm capable of "removing the nabsync w/ BBSAK" without good step by step instructions.
    01-26-11 05:21 PM
    I did this....
    I kept the default contacts list. Deleted all AT&T addresses book contacts. Unchecked wireless sync from BB setup, att addy book. Works fine now. No double contacts. BTW, I use MIQ to backup my contacts.
    01-26-11 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD