This is killing me! I sold my 9700 when iPhone4 released (yes I love it), but now this goddamned torch came out I really do miss bbm, however not willing to give up the iPhone. Wondering if there are any other crazies out there who will or do carry both of these phones... I have problems lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 10:10 PM
    This is killing me! I sold my 9700 when iPhone4 released (yes I love it), but now this goddamned torch came out I really do miss bbm, however not willing to give up the iPhone. Wondering if there are any other crazies out there who will or do carry both of these phones... I have problems lol

I have both and switch off between the two depending on which one I'm wanting to use for the day. I love Google Voice
    09-28-10 10:13 PM
    Yes, I have both. I switch every 31 days. I call AT&T and tell them switch data plans. I like my iPhone 4 better. Switching is no problem since the plans prices are similiar.
    09-28-10 10:20 PM
    I have both and switch off between the two depending on which one I'm wanting to use for the day. I love Google Voice
    Did you mangle a sim card to fit the micro sim? Or does the torch take a
    Micro?

09-28-10 10:20 PM
    And what did you do with swapping sims?

09-28-10 10:21 PM
    Did you mangle a sim card to fit the micro sim? Or does the torch take a
    Micro?

most stores have a stapler looking thing that snaps a micro sim out if a normal one. you keep the exterior part as a sort of sleeve-- u tuck ur modified sim in it to fit it into ur BB or other phone. that's what I do personally

09-28-10 10:24 PM
    My solution: Torch with an ipod touch 4g.
    09-28-10 11:34 PM
    I am using the Torch and iPhone3G. Had the iPhone4 but had too many issues so I returned it. Pretty simple to switch back and forth. iPhone works fine on BB data plan. Just dont have push mail, but its simple to refresh and pull in all the current email or set up a 30 minute fetch. Visual voicemail even works! I actually kept my iPhone4 micro sim and use an adapter for use in my Torch and iPhone3G. I purchased the adapter for a few bucks from Amazon.
    09-28-10 11:49 PM
    Google voice is really great. it's very helpful especially in my job because i ahve to communicate with my clients.
    09-29-10 12:04 AM
    Yes, I carry both the Torch and the iPhone4. I use the Torch as my business phone and iPhone as my leisure phone. Love both but If I had to own just one phone, it would be the Torch. Just has the best of both worlds for me.
    09-29-10 12:49 AM
    I have both and was originally going to carry both. The Mircosim adaptor doesn't work very well with the Torch, and the iPhone's reception is way worse than the Torch so at this point I'm really considering selling my 4, I love the Torch.
    09-29-10 12:57 AM
    Is there anyway around the BB specific data plan to use the browser and push email? I would switch my data plan but AT&T wouldn't grandfather me into my unlimited plan anymore. I'm thinking of getting a torch to complement my iPhone because it's better at certain tasks.

09-29-10 12:59 AM
    Is there anyway around the BB specific data plan to use the browser and push email?
    No. If you use a BB on AT&T they will automatically switch you to a BB data plan, no way around it.
    09-29-10 06:27 AM
    Is there anyway around the BB specific data plan to use the browser and push email? I would switch my data plan but AT&T wouldn't grandfather me into my unlimited plan anymore. I'm thinking of getting a torch to complement my iPhone because it's better at certain tasks.

They will grandfather you to an unlimited BB data plan if you already have the iPhone unlimited data plan. I had the iPhone unlimited data plan for years and they switched it to a BB unlimited data plan with no problem. This was even after the Tiered plans took affect. You can switch between BB and iPhone unlimited as much as you want. I have switched 3 times this last month alone. As long as you don't switch to a tiered data plan, you can keep the unlimited. Once you go tiered, there is no going back to unlimited.

With the BB data plan, the iPhone will still work work with 3G data but no push email (you can still have it fetch every 15 minutes or manually fetch). Conversely, the iphone data plan will not work on the BB. You can make calls, but no 3G data or push mail.

To get the iPhone to work on a BB data plan, check this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/how...a-plan-348311/
    09-29-10 08:58 AM
    Why carry two phones? I was fortunate enough to retain the unlimited data plan option so a iPod Touch would be the only additional device that I would carry but with the improved browsing on the Torch, I am using the Touch less and less.
    09-29-10 09:39 AM
    I have a 3GS and will get a Torch hopefully tomorrow.

I am planning to keep my 3GS and to use it as an iTouch - my music, games, photos etc - my iPhone is essentially my iPhoto backup.
    09-29-10 11:37 AM
    My solution: Torch with an ipod touch 4g.
    Ditto
    I also still have my iPhone 3gs, but never use it for much of anything.
    09-29-10 01:10 PM
    i have both iphone 4 and a torch.
    i just put tape on the back of the sim card that i broke into a micro to make it usable with the torch after i switch back.
    09-29-10 03:17 PM
    I have a 3GS and will get a Torch hopefully tomorrow.

I am planning to keep my 3GS and to use it as an iTouch - my music, games, photos etc - my iPhone is essentially my iPhoto backup.
    This is soon to be an expensive mp3 player and handheld video game
    . iPhone 4 is great for the web, after watching the shootout for browser speeds I will want to keep my iPhone just for surfing. My laptop is slowly growing layers of dust...

09-29-10 07:42 PM
    true enough!
    09-29-10 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD