Hey guys,

So I am supposed to be getting a BB Torch by the end of the week but I am getting a bit concerned with everyone talking about "the wiggle." Does this affect all Torches or just the first few shipments of the device? I am getting it through Bell Mobility so it isn't too late to change my mind and get a Bold 9780.

Thanks!
    11-24-10 07:16 PM
    Pretty sure it is still affecting all Torches at this point. Some are better than others, so ymmv.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by acwyau; 11-24-10 at 08:39 PM.
    11-24-10 07:39 PM
    the 'wiggle' is kind of a funny subject. In normal operation will it wiggle? most likely not. Mine is 2 months old or more now - is there some play ? Sure. Can you notice it? Not during normal operation.

Generally speaking - the wiggle will not bug you - unless you do stupid things.
    11-24-10 07:55 PM
    I just got mine last Saturday (ordered over the phone from AT&T) and there is absolutely no wiggle...at least not yet.
    11-24-10 08:03 PM
    i've had mine almost two months now and there is no wiggle for me... now, there is just an ever so slight movement but I chalk it up to you can only make it so tight before it becomes too tight.... if it was any tighter, it wouldnt slide as easily... just my opinion.

I have no problem with mine being "too loose" and am totally satisfied with my torch.
    11-24-10 08:12 PM
    I have a mexico 5 unit with no wiggle, 2 months old, and I'm a rough user too (screen protector only, no case - in pocket all the time, drop it, etc). My slider has actually been too tight until recently its loosened up a bit.

I read that the mexico 4 and canada phones had the wiggle problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 08:21 PM
    I've had my torch for a week and the wiggle can be annoying at times. My device is a Mexico 4 that I ordered online. Thought about trying to exchange it at an AT&T store but only if they have the Mexico 5 and see how the wiggle is on that. Also, thought about trying the "wiggle fix" but haven't decided on that yet.
    11-24-10 08:40 PM
    What is the "wiggle fix?"

This will be my first BB so I am really not entirely sure what to expect. I think anything will be better than my dying 4 year old HTC running a very old windows mobile OS though.
    11-24-10 09:16 PM
    wiggle fix is done by adding a sticker or a strip of electrical tape to the back side of the slider (like when you pop up the screen, the rear of the top of the screen, looks like its black anodized aluminum).

I have 3 layers of black electrical tape there so far, it cured my wiggle. Actually, the wiggle wasnt my biggest problem, it was the fact that there was too much space between the two halves of the phone when slid closed. When tapping the screen, the top half of the phone would hit the bottom half and "click" which was really annoying
    11-24-10 09:34 PM
    wiggle is showing up randomly in the Torches. Not all of them experience the wiggle. My first one did a little my second one not at all. So its just your luck
    11-24-10 10:08 PM
    Oh jeeze. I am getting all scared now about getting a torch. Maybe I should go with a "safer" phone like the 9780 but the Torch just has the extra appeal of the bigger screen and touch for browsing!
    11-24-10 10:44 PM
    What I would do is if you are dealing with a nice rep ask to see the phone before they activate it and see if it wiggles. if it does just ask for a different one. I also use a AGF GRT case and it eliminates the wiggle but is only sold in the states mostly but you can order from ebay for like 30USD shipping included. Thats what I did. And the case seems very sturdy and durable. Dropped it already and no damage so far.
    11-24-10 10:47 PM
    I heard those cases only increase the wiggle though once you take them off?
    11-24-10 10:58 PM
    I got mine from Rogers on November 2nd. I am having some major issues with the wiggle on this one and the store wouldn't take it back so I had to call rogers management and fight for a new one. But don't let it turn you off the device the one before the one i had now was perfect slider wise, and I hear a lot of them are. I think its actually a much smaller number of devices that we just hear a lot about.
    11-24-10 11:21 PM
    I don't see how the AGF case can do that. None of the pieces actually clip to the phone, the top and bottom clip to each other. The top then slides on rails that are part of the bottom piece.
    11-24-10 11:22 PM
    Used this for almost two weeks now and just tried taking the case off there is still no wiggle to mine. Its just some people are very paranoid about it. Like Blackberry Guy said it slides on its own rails it actually just covers the phone nothing clips on to it
    11-24-10 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD