I have my torch programmed to auto on and off. However, even when it powers itself off, alerts will go off and emails continue to come in. When I had the bold 9700, when I turned the phone back on in the morning, the emails all came in at once. When I power on the torch in the morning all the emails from during the night are already sitting there. Does the porch just go into a "sleep" mode and continues getting emails etc? Is full power off the only way for it to actually turn off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 01:06 AM
    are you pressing full shut down or power down?
    01-22-11 02:55 AM
    None of them actually fully power off the device, if we talk about actually cutting out electrical current (like turning off a computer, or television). They are just different levels of "sleep". Volatile memory is still retained in both turn off and full power off, but one disables more "functions" than the other. Probably, "turn off" is akin to sleep, and "full power off" is akin to hibernation (partially).
    Last edited by gbsn; 01-22-11 at 03:42 AM.
    01-22-11 03:40 AM
    are you pressing full shut down or power down?
    Auto on/off

01-22-11 08:13 AM
    None of them actually fully power off the device, if we talk about actually cutting out electrical current (like turning off a computer, or television). They are just different levels of "sleep". Volatile memory is still retained in both turn off and full power off, but one disables more "functions" than the other. Probably, "turn off" is akin to sleep, and "full power off" is akin to hibernation (partially).
    But on my curve 8310, bold 9000, bold 9700 the alerts never went off when it was in off. The torch the alerts still go off when it is off. Just wondering ...

01-22-11 08:15 AM
    On your Home screen scroll to the Power Off icon. If your Alarm is set, select Full Power Off. This will fully turn the device off. When the device is turned back on you will see the AT&T splash screen & the service books will be resent. This is full power off.
    01-22-11 08:18 AM
    The OP is talking about the Auto On and Off function where you can set a time for the phone to shut down automatically, and turn back on later. You can also set the times differently for the weekends.

Mine is set to turn off at midnight and come back on at 7 AM.

However, mine does it the way my previous 8100 did it and the way the OP is expecting it. All notifications that may have come in overnight will wait to stream in when the phone turns itself back on the morning. And I don't think there is a way to modify how it shuts off. On my Torch, all forms of being "off" act pretty much the same. Nothing comes through until it's turned back on. The screen lock option is the thing that allows notifications and calls to come through.

Maybe it's a bug in the OS? I'm running .246.

01-22-11 02:19 PM
    I'm running a hybrid of .337 and when i turn it off for the night(auto on/off) I receive my notification in the morning when I or the auto turns it back on. Has been this way since running the stock .141.
    01-22-11 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD