does the new battery needs a break in period ?

I meant that does it needs to be recharge a few times.
    10-31-10 06:55 AM
    3-5 charges I would say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 07:17 AM
    What do you mean by break in period? You should never fully discharge the Lithium Ion battery in a BlackBerry. Frequent recharging, never letting the battery get too low, gives the best life.
    10-31-10 07:22 AM
    3-5 charges I would say.
    Wrong answer.

No break-in period is needed!
    10-31-10 07:47 AM
    Is it ok to keep the phone the charger alklk the time in a BB or does it spoil the battery?

10-31-10 07:52 AM
    I work with lithium batteries all the time in my hobby of r/c airplanes(albeit lithium polymer nowadays). Batteries of this sort do not need a "break in" period or retain a memory like old nicad batteries. Matter of fact if you kill a lithium battery it will not take a charge anymore. Although I believe on the torch there is a function which shuts the phone down when the battery drops too low, preventing you from "killing" the battery.
    10-31-10 08:15 AM
    Is it ok to keep the phone the charger alklk the time in a BB or does it spoil the battery?

Not a problem as the device "talks" to the charger and shuts down the charging when the battery is full, even though your phone still shows its plugged in and looks as though it's charging. If it overcharged the battery it would quite possibly catch fire like my r/c plane batteries(lithium polymer) do.
    10-31-10 08:17 AM
    The less u charge it, the best it will be
    Chemical reaction (I'm study in chemistry )
    Don't overcharge it, charge it 1 time per day, too 100%, then take it off and don't put it to charge untill its down to 5-10%. Don't let it DIE, (lower then 5%)

10-31-10 10:26 AM
    Man I wish I knew about this when I got my phone. I fully discharged the battery until it said "battery drained handheld shutting down" for the first week I got the phone. This might explain why my battery life is so crappy.

10-31-10 10:40 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys ... Is it bad to leave my phone on charge all night (while I sleep) and unplug it in the morning when I wake up?
    Thanks.
    11-01-10 09:25 AM
    Ive never heard of a break-in period for lithium-ion batteries...

Just make sure you never let it completely die like other people have said...
    11-01-10 09:27 AM
    There's no break-in period needed!
    And there's no problem leaving it on the charger all night!

Technically this thread should be closed, as there is a wealth of mis-information being posted!
    11-01-10 09:30 AM
    There's no break-in period needed!
    And there's no problem leaving it on the charger all night!

Technically this thread should be closed, as there is a wealth of mis-information being posted!
    Thanks! ... I think what the guy meant is the period/amount of charges it takes for the battery to perfom "optimally" ... because you read on the net ppl saying that after a few charges, the battery got better? (think thats what he meant?)
    11-01-10 10:24 AM
    Thanks! ... I think what the guy meant is the period/amount of charges it takes for the battery to perfom "optimally" ... because you read on the net ppl saying that after a few charges, the battery got better? (think thats what he meant?)
    I think that's what he meant and I think it's true. My battery started performing better after after a few days. The first couple of days my battery got to about 20 percent near 5 or 6 o'clock after being off the charger from noon, and then now it gets to about 50 percent come 9 or 10 o'clock. So it seems to be working better for me now.

11-01-10 10:36 AM
    I think that's what he meant and I think it's true. My battery started performing better after after a few days. The first couple of days my battery got to about 20 percent near 5 or 6 o'clock after being off the charger from noon, and then now it gets to about 50 percent come 9 or 10 o'clock. So it seems to be working better for me now.

Agreed ... This is only my second charge but I see a difference so far compared to the first charge ... And that was my observation with my past phones as well
    11-01-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD