no problems with mine..
    either on the phone, car blutooth connection or my blutooth headset.
    even tried it on the corded earphones.
    08-14-10 09:32 AM
    no problems with mine..
    either on the phone, car blutooth connection or my blutooth headset.
    even tried it on the corded earphones.
    Same here. I just got off a 10 minute phone call and had no issues at all, other than the caller cutting in and out sometimes, but that's on his end as he calls from his basement with poor reception.
    08-14-10 09:48 AM
    Heh I know what u guys are talking about its normal. I use to hear it, on a few calls but its not there any more. Good to see how serious people take heariNg someone on the other end. And I can hear them very clear. Maybe its the network forcing more people to sWitch there contracts without there permission.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 10:02 AM
    I use to get this all the time on my 9000 in certain coverage areas, I have not experienced it at all with the torch.
    08-14-10 12:23 PM
    I get this also buy only if I speak loudly into the phone. I think that its your voice over powering the microphone, I could be wrong but I do not see a software fix helping that

08-14-10 12:51 PM
    Im having the same issue with mine, If the phone is open i hear it less but that's because im holding the mike farther away, I work with high end video conferencing and audio conferencing and have heard this before. But with making adjustments to the equipments settings its correctable, input gain , internal echo canceling, normally this happens when the speaker feeds back into the mic and causes a echo or a hum. Im sure Rim can fix this with software adjustments and it will be good to go. Why have they not fixed it before the issue came out, Prob because most times the version we get per AT&t is not what they are running.
    08-14-10 02:58 PM
    This happens to mine on every call. I really don't like this. Already this is outdated device, and to have lirtle things like this happen to us is not right. RIM nees to adjust this fast, before the thirty days, if not this phine is going back.

08-14-10 03:52 PM
    Same problem, can be reduced or eliminated based on head / phone position.... Sound familiar?
    08-14-10 03:58 PM
    yep I have been trying to find a way to fix it, by turning off or on something, or find out if some one has a work around. I just messaged a old friend of mine that works at ATT to see if he has had similar complaints and that swapping the phone has fixed in any instances
    08-14-10 04:33 PM
    Ummm, since at least 2 of us have posted that we don't have this issue, your statement is incorrect.
    Watch your phones gonna break in an hour
    08-14-10 08:34 PM
    Watch your phones gonna break in an hour
    Great, thanks for the jinx.

08-14-10 08:43 PM
    I had this on the very first call I made. It was also the last time it happened. I love the phone

08-14-10 08:50 PM
    Just purchased my Torch 2 days ago and right out of the box it has the earpiece distortion. I can hear myself in the earpiece and sounds robotic or like a Transformer! Drives me nuts! Brought it back to ATT today and found that the floor model and the managers test model did the same thing. A couple reps (girls) tried it and said they heard nothing, then another rep (a dude) with a deeper voice used it and confirmed what I was talking about. I think it's only happening to when the user has more bass in their voice.
    08-15-10 12:37 AM
    i went to the store last night (friday) and the rep was pretty honest and nice to me. so far he said, he was aware of the issues with the 9800. a guy was actually exchanging a phone while we were talking (i guess thats why he was so honest.....busted...j/k). he told me too wait it out for a week or two. all these things happen bec of the new OS. RIM might have tested the phones before releasing it...but heck, the real world application and user preferences vary greatly. and he said he's pretty sure that RIM would come out with OS upgrades to address these issues (as if these things never happened with the other phones). he said he'll be getting his by next week and try it out. so by that time, i'll just pay him a visit and ask for anything he noticed on he phone.

And oh, yes!!! the sound was there when i tried the store display. and u only here it when u talk especialy in louder manner (near the mic or with a deep voice).
    08-15-10 01:35 AM
    I noticed it after my first couple of calls. Now, I'm noticing that it only happens on incoming calls. Very strange and leads me to believe it is software related. Maybe the speraker just need breaking in.

08-15-10 07:42 PM
    The reason for this is VERY simple.

I did some test

The MICROPHONE HOLE is INSIDE the phone

If you have the SLIDER CLOSED , it will SOUND TINNY

If you have the SLIDER OPENED (like the way BLACKBERRY WANTS YOU TO HAVE IT WHEN YOU TALK), it will sound fine

DONT BELIEVE ME? do some voice test

THE MIC hole is INSIDE when you open the slider.

I am surprised no one else figured this out yet.
    08-15-10 07:57 PM

I did some test

If you have the SLIDER OPENED (like the way BLACKBERRY WANTS YOU TO HAVE IT WHEN YOU TALK), it will sound fine

I still here the noise when the slider is open,it is deffinitly not as loud but it is still there..I shouldnt have to have it open for it to sound fine.and not everybody has the problem..still wondering if it is hardware or if a update will be able to fix it...but the clock is ticking
    08-16-10 01:53 AM
    I've tryed it open and closed and hear no difference. Call quality is excellent on mine.
    08-16-10 03:02 AM
    My voice causes the tin sound however my boss (who has a deeper voice than me) used my phone and did not experience the tin. There has to be a software fix for this otherwise it wouldn't happen with the ear buds. The electronic gain or something on the path from the mic to the speaker is what I think is causing this. Very aggravating. Otherwise I am experiencing NO issues whatsoever with this phone.
    08-16-10 11:21 AM
    I too could still hear the tin sound with the slider open.
    08-16-10 11:38 AM
    I hear it when I'm speaking, but I have to REALLY listen for it to hear it. Most times I don't really notice it. But you're right. It is an annoying sound.
    08-16-10 11:47 AM
    Your theory is incorrect - this same issue occurs when using the wired headset.

Oh, and RIM wants us talking a specific way now?!

I did some test

08-16-10 11:50 AM
    Have someone call you and ask them THEIR perspective with the slider closed and the slider open

When it is closed, it sounds like a speakerphone.

I am not talking about the phone owners position on this.
    08-16-10 05:41 PM
    I have the same issue - I hear the tinny/echo when "I" am talking into my Torch. Almost as if someone else is talking at the same time - very distracting/annoying!
    The other person's voice is perfectly clear...hear them without any echoes.

I hope there will be a fix soon
    10-15-10 09:35 PM
    Umm..are you still running .141? Cuz I'm pretty sure this was an OLD problem..as the last prior post was in mid August lol. Upgrade to .246

10-15-10 09:39 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD