im not sure if anyone has made a thread about this but it sounds like im talking into a tin can or muffled on the torch, i tried a couple at the store and they all sound that way ...anyone else notice this?
    08-13-10 08:45 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately I've noticed it too.

Is it a hardware or software issue? It'd be nice if a future firmware fixed it.
    08-13-10 08:49 PM
    Yes. Several ppl, including myself, have posted about this. Some have taken the phone back for another torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 08:49 PM
    Nope, not me.
    08-13-10 08:51 PM
    I've already received several calls and they all sounded perfect, absolutely no issues at all. Actually sounded better than my 9000 did.
    08-13-10 08:55 PM
    Nope, not me.
    consider yourself lucky, i used two at the store and they all sounded weird. somthing iv never really heard before with that said i love the phone and the software (and yes i have an iphone 4).
    08-13-10 08:55 PM
    EVERY phone has this problem
    08-13-10 08:59 PM
    WRONG, i have had 6 different blackberrys and other phones. They have never sounded like this, its sounds literately like a tin or muffled.
    08-13-10 09:10 PM
    YES! I bought a Torch yesterday and the 'metallic/tinny' sound you describe is EXACTLY what I heard. What was even weirder is that I would still hear it with my wired headphones plugged in. I went back to the AT&T store and asked to listen to another Torch and I heard the same thing! I�m wondering if that's just the way these new phones are. Though it doesn�t seem that everyone can hear it, almost like it�s a frequency that not everyone can hear. Needless to say I ended up returning it and buying an iPhone (went from a Bold 9000), BUT now I want to go back to the Tourch as I hate the way the iPhone handles the contacts. I'm waiting to see if RIM will acknowledge this or not.
    08-13-10 09:57 PM
    WRONG, i have had 6 different blackberrys and other phones. They have never sounded like this, its sounds literately like a tin or muffled.
    Yup, I got it and drives me crazy. Its less with the phone open too. That and the screen wobble very disapointed. We got another thread on this too

08-13-10 10:02 PM
    Yup, I got it and drives me crazy. Its less with the phone open too. That and the screen wobble very disapointed. We got another thread on this too

08-13-10 10:04 PM
    iv been using a bluetooth so that i dont hear it haha, its drives me crazy also.
    08-13-10 10:05 PM
    I have the same issue on calls. Hopefully a software Issue. We will see.

08-13-10 10:05 PM
    Ummm, since at least 2 of us have posted that we don't have this issue, your statement is incorrect.
    08-13-10 10:07 PM
    Ummm, since at least 2 of us have posted that we don't have this issue, your statement is incorrect.
    You're just too old to hear it it!?!
    Some people have gone through 4 phones already, and no luck...and the rep couldn't hear it the whole time.

08-13-10 10:11 PM
    iv been using a bluetooth so that i dont hear it haha, its drives me crazy also.
    I've been using speaker phone the whole time, that's my fix. Lol

08-13-10 10:11 PM
    I hear it, but only when I speak. When the other person is talking, it sounds perfect.
    08-13-10 10:41 PM
    You're just too old to hear it it!?!
    Possibly, since being a musician my hearing could be shot, but the phone calls I've received have been crystal clear, no problem hearing them on my end and that's all that matters to me.
    08-13-10 10:50 PM
    I hear the tin sound when I'm talking into the phone but the caller on the other end sounds fine.
    08-13-10 10:57 PM
    08-13-10 10:58 PM
    I hear a kind of buzzing sound when I speak into the phone. I have found that if I tip the microphone end of the phone away from my mouth a couple of inches the sound seems to go away. My voice is causing something to buzz when I speak. Like clipping with a microphone if the sound volume is too high.

Call quality does not seem to be affected for either party other than me hearing the noise.
    08-13-10 11:13 PM
    Its on and off with mine, however if I slide the keyboard down when I am talking (easier to hold) it is not there. Deff a software issue.
    08-13-10 11:18 PM
    Its on and off with mine, however if I slide the keyboard down when I am talking (easier to hold) it is not there. Deff a software issue.
    I don't understand why you would say it's definitely a software issue. Moving a piece of hardware and having something be different is more often a hardware issue.

If your computer speaker sounds funny and if you tilt it and it sounds better, would you think that was also definitely a software issue? Maybe it's just me, but if that happened to me, I would suspect a hardware issue.
    08-13-10 11:25 PM
    I hear it, but only when I speak. When the other person is talking, it sounds perfect.
    I have the same problem on mine, however i made a call on my brothers and his didnt have it..
    08-14-10 12:32 AM
    I hear the tin sound when I'm talking into the phone but the caller on the other end sounds fine.
    i guess your right, its really only when your talking into the phone...idk weird.
    08-14-10 09:18 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD