I have an ulocked torch using it on cellcom in israel, but the browser doesnt work. It says its missing service book. Cellcom says they only support the internet browser and not the blackberry browser and that I should switch. I cant find anywhere that option. Please help.
    10-05-10 08:33 AM
    The torch only has 1 browser. The Webkit browser. Does your carrier actually support the Torch or is this something you picked up elsewhere? Do you have a BB data plan? Does other BB functions work like BBM and push email.
    10-05-10 08:58 AM
    I got the phone from AT&T and had it unlocked. Cellcom does not officially support the torch. Everything else works fine, only the browser does not work when not using wifi.
    10-05-10 09:20 AM
    I got the phone from AT&T and had it unlocked. Cellcom does not officially support the torch. Everything else works fine, only the browser does not work when not using wifi.
    unfortuantely you're not going to be able to view the browser with Cellcom. you have to be on AT&T's network. I had this issue a few years back when I unlocked a Tmobile Razr phone and put my AT&T sim card in it. everything worked great except the browser. sorry
    10-05-10 09:37 AM
    Make sure your on a Blackberry Data plan at least. Without access to the BIS servers you will not be able to access any internet features. Also your carrier may not support the webkit browser and the fact that they thought there was 2 blackberry browsers means they prob. don't. So until your carrier gets support your SOL my friend. Sorry to hear that the internet browser is really what sets the torch apart from other blackberrys
    10-05-10 10:05 AM
    Anybody know if/when the Torch 9800 will be available in Israel through Cellcome, Orange or Pelephone?
    10-06-10 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD