View Poll Results: How do you prefer upgrading or downgrading your BB?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer performing a complete device wipe, then installing the OS

11 23.91%
  • I prefer just installing the new (or old OS) over the old one

35 76.09%
    lets lock this thread.
    11-05-10 12:20 PM
    I just load the OS over the old one. I cant be bothered to reload all my apps. Whats this BBSAK that i see everyone talking about lately?
    11-05-10 04:48 PM
    BBSAK allows you to backup your 3rd party apps, install and remove .cods, wipe the device, auto delete vendor.xml before loading an OS, take screenshots and more. You can find it in my signature.
    11-05-10 05:05 PM
    As nearly everyone else said.. There's absolutely no reason to wipe first.

You thinking that it performs better after a wipe is nothing more than placebo effect.
    11-05-10 05:10 PM
    Apploader doesn't do a second wipe if the device is already clear, goes straight to loading software. Only time it does an additional wipe is if the device software is being downgraded.
    11-05-10 05:15 PM
    I personally have had better experiences wiping the device first using BBSAK then loading the OS.......I feel its the cleaner / better way to do it.....

I don't want to just upgrade the components.....I want a fresh / clean install. It does wonders sometimes......

How do you guys prefer doing it?
    I concur with you Matrix!
    11-05-10 07:53 PM
    I'm wiping my device now to install OS 6 and its taking a really long time... Its probably been about 45 minutes. Is this normal?
    11-06-10 11:56 AM
    App loader wipes the device and then install the new one, so a seperate wipe is a total waste of time. The whole thing has never taken more than 20-30 minutes for me and always works flawlessly. I upgraded the torch 2 times already with no issues at all.
    11-06-10 12:12 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD