Well finally swapped my iP4 to the Torch, can't use it much until tomorrow when I swap my sim (Only go t the micro one and no adaptor).

What I have noticed is when the screen is down the whole bottom bezel of the screen presses down a fraction, not on one edge or anything just the whole bottom bezel bit.
    It does not bother me as I expect some minor play on a slider.

I was just curios if this is the wiggle that people are reporting or just some minor play on the slide that's to be expected.

Thanks all.
    10-08-10 01:40 PM
    Well finally swapped my iP4 to the Torch, can't use it much until tomorrow when I swap my sim (Only go t the micro one and no adaptor).

What I have noticed is when the screen is down the whole bottom bezel of the screen presses down a fraction, not on one edge or anything just the whole bottom bezel bit.
    It does not bother me as I expect some minor play on a slider.

I was just curios if this is the wiggle that people are reporting or just some minor play on the slide that's to be expected.

Thanks all.
    That is normal.

The "wiggle" is if you open the slider and the whole top half rotates left or right a bit. IMO don't use cases that press the top and bottom half apart... This can actually cause this problem (which I bet a lot of people blame on the device).
    10-08-10 01:43 PM
    Great thanks, the only case I got was the standard BB pouch I brought at the same time.
    10-08-10 01:46 PM
    mine wiggles at the trackball so it feels like surepress in landscape mode
    10-08-10 01:54 PM
    i notice my wiggle more when the slider is up, ie the keyboard is showing. when it's shut its not as bad, to be fair though I nearly always flip that bad boy out when I go to use my phone
    10-08-10 02:03 PM
    Hmm on second inspection when the slider is up it does have a little left and right play to the screen even when the screen is down, but its like a really small amount, about millimetre or less.

Reading through the forums mine is a Mexico 4 build that seems to be where most have the wiggle problem?

Is it worth returning it, brought it from exspansys.
    Do the none wiggle models have zero wiggle at all or am I being over fussy?

Thanks again.
    10-08-10 02:11 PM
    mine wiggles at the trackball so it feels like surepress in landscape mode
    you should really take yours back, it's really messed up if it has a trackball... lol
    10-08-10 02:11 PM
    ^ ha

Mexico 4 here as well. I don't see how p4u would have got a mix of different models so will probably stick with mine unless it gets progressively worse over the next 20 days. Also I don't want to tell everyone my pin has changed yet again!!
    10-08-10 02:17 PM
    Had one with a smushy berry button (your menu button) so I brought it back and got one with a wiggle. It's slight, so I will see about it but I reset the phone (battery pull) and ended up with contacts listed 2, 3 or even 4 times with no associations to the BBM or FB anymore. If it does that again its def going back.
    10-08-10 04:45 PM
    QUOTE=Martin.R;5660432]Hmm on second inspection when the slider is up it does have a little left and right play to the screen even when the screen is down, but its like a really small amount, about millimetre or less.

Reading through the forums mine is a Mexico 4 build that seems to be where most have the wiggle problem?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Beware, you will start examing your device more and more if you swap them out. I went through 4 9700 to try and find a trackpad that didn't wiggle! Learned my lesson, there is no such thing as a perfect device. Just some words of wisdom from a perfectionist...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 05:49 PM
    Hmm on second inspection when the slider is up it does have a little left and right play to the screen even when the screen is down, but its like a really small amount, about millimetre or less.

Thanks again.
    What other countries are these phones made in besides Mexico?

As to the wiggle when opened, I was playing with one of these phones a few days ago at an ATT store and it did wiggle a tiny bit. It wasn't enough to bother me, I would think a tiny bit of wiggle is normal and that's what I saw.
    10-08-10 07:06 PM
    Hungary and Canada
    10-08-10 07:06 PM
    Mine does a little when closed, but I just use my left thumb to keep it from the slight wiggling. Doesn't bother me nearly enough to hassle with exchanging it, not that I could at this point anyway. It doesn't wiggle when it's open. Made in Mexico 4.
    10-08-10 08:49 PM
    What are you all talking about? Sorry. What wiggle? Are you saying the image on your screen wiggles? What do you mean "when the screen is down?" What does that mean? Nothing wiggles on mine. I'm on my third Torch and nothing wiggles. Solid as a rock, but I still don't know what wiggle means.

Can someone explain what this wiggle is?
    10-08-10 11:15 PM
    See post #2 above as that describes the wiggle.

Mine wiggles and is bothersome to me only because other ppl are not experiencing it. I too am worried about returning it for fear of getting something worse. I exchanged about 3 9700s and still never got a great trackpad so I'm reticent to do anything.
    10-09-10 12:47 AM
    I think in general we are just a bit too anal about the little things. Mine moves slightly but it's expected. Unless parts are coming loose or the slider isn't staying up, I wouldn't exchange. You'll notice other issues with your new torch, probably

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 02:39 AM
    Ok I have the strangest thing ever with this phone.

When I opened the phone the standard screen protector had a like a crease/scratch down it.
    No problem just the way it was put on I thought.

However when ever I put a screen protector on (Tried 3 including Zagg)
    I get the same crease/scratch on the screen protector.

Looking close at the screen I see no marks at all, perfect screen.
    But when a screen protector goes on that mark shows up.

Any ideas?
    10-09-10 03:39 AM
    Ok I have the strangest thing ever with this phone.

When I opened the phone the standard screen protector had a like a crease/scratch down it.
    No problem just the way it was put on I thought.

However when ever I put a screen protector on (Tried 3 including Zagg)
    I get the same crease/scratch on the screen protector.

Looking close at the screen I see no marks at all, perfect screen.
    But when a screen protector goes on that mark shows up.

Any ideas?
    I would return it
    10-09-10 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD