I dont know what it is but I cannot seem to figure out what is up with my battery.

If I take my phone off charge at 6am it is dead by 1pm with only sending a few sms, bbm and maybe getting an email or two (no browsing or phone calls).

There has been one occasion in the week I've had this phone that it has lasted an entire day before dying.

I've tested with .246 or whatever the pre-installed OS was, .337 and I'm now using .450 and there is no change. If I don't take my charger to work I'm phone-less it's so annoying.

As for 3rd party apps that are installed I have the TD Bank app, Facebook, a Solitaire game and that's it. This is probably the worst BB I've owned, I'm coming from a 9700 and that would last 3 days with the same apps and use.

Any ideas on what can help?
    02-04-11 01:00 PM
    That is not usual Torch battery life. First be sure all apps are closed other than the usual BB functions. If apps are not running in the background try a different battery. I get more than a day of full activity with .448. A whole day is to be expected for nearly all of us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sedalia066; 02-04-11 at 02:53 PM.
    02-04-11 02:49 PM
    What OS are you running my I ask?

Press the SHIFT + ALT + H button, then look under AppVersion

Also, make sure you dont have an app open that is draining your battery like Facebook, or Social feeds
    AcADIeN likes this.
    02-04-11 02:54 PM
    I keep closing apps from running in the backround as well.

Like I said above I'm currently running 6.0.0.450, I'm pretty sure my battery is just defective.

Just looking around on the phone with nothing open my battery dropped from 60% to 55% in literally 3 minutes.

I bought the phone from rogers but am using on Bell unlocked do you think I can get a replacement battery through rogers even though I don't have an actual account with them?
    02-04-11 04:07 PM
    you can try, since its a rogers phone...
    02-04-11 04:26 PM
    How long have you had the phone for?
    Cos I got mine, and had the same problem for about a week and suddenly the battery just became "normal" and able to last for about 2 days.
    02-04-11 08:10 PM
    This definitely sounds like a defective battery. Talk to Rogers and have them replace it for you if you're still under their warranty.

02-04-11 10:50 PM
    Should definately last longer than that, **** my htc incredible lasts longer than that, should still be under warranty since the torch is less than a yr old.
    02-04-11 10:58 PM
    without a doubt, that's a defective battery.
    exchange it while you still can
    02-04-11 11:04 PM
    I have a the 8900 curve and i havent used it in while however when i charge it , the red light just stays on , it doesnt blink, does this mean i need a new battery?
    03-20-11 01:33 PM
    I have a the 8900 curve and i havent used it in while however when i charge it , the red light just stays on , it doesnt blink, does this mean i need a new battery?
    does the BB turn on? how long does the battery last?
    03-20-11 02:53 PM
    Might seem a silly question, but is there a flashing green light at the top above the screen? if so this is an LED signal indicator and drains the battery big style.
    I had the same problem when I first bought mine. You can turn the light off (type 'signal' into search and it should come up).
    Hope this helps.
    03-21-11 12:36 PM
    I had this problem too! I called Rogers and they gave me instructions. The problem is basically that the software isn't recognizing the battery, so even though the battery is full, the phone shuts off.

You need to restore your phone to its factory state using desktop manager, wait 24 hours, then put everything back. Now my phone no longer has this problem.

If it still doesn't work, try calling customer tech support.
    03-21-11 10:13 PM
    I'm using .486 on my Torch. And 3hrs in, my battery is at 20%.
    Now I do use my phone a lot, but I've never had that problem, the only new-ish app I use is foursquare, so I'm wondering if that could be it.
    Outside of that, I'm wondering if it could just be battery.
    Also, my battery gets really hot recently, so also wondering if it could be the case I have around it(just generic)

Any help would be useful. Thanks.

03-22-11 01:25 AM
    Your battery should never get hot, warm yes but definitely not hot. There is a function within the BB to shut down charging if the battery gets too hot, possibly could it not be charging fully because it's getting hot? I would take it back to the carrier and explain the problem and tell them the battery gets hot. They should give you a new one.
    03-22-11 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD