When I send a contact to my homepage to create a shortcut I still have to make 2 clicks to place a call: 1) click shortcut icon, 2) click phone number. But, with Quicklaunch, somehow they've made it so I just click "call [name]" and it places the call. Is it possible to place an icon on my desktop which will place the call as soon as I click the icon? I hope this makes sense.

It's not a real big deal, more annoying than anything. I click on a shortcut icon for someone and, if I forget to click the phone button or click the phone number, their contact card just sits there while I have the phone to my ear waiting for it to ring
    11-25-10 11:51 AM
    Do you utilize the Speed Dials? You can assign a Speed Dial to 23 of the 26 letters on the keyboard. (Q, W/1, and A are blocked for other purposes.) Calls are then made by holding the letter (for a couple seconds) until the call initiates.
    11-25-10 12:07 PM
    I do, but I'm looking for something when I have my keyboard closed (in my car cradle), so I can just 1-tap an icon to call.
    11-25-10 05:11 PM
    I do, but I'm looking for something when I have my keyboard closed (in my car cradle), so I can just 1-tap an icon to call.
    9 of the Speed Dials actually work with keyboard closed. The Speed Dials corresponding to the numbers 1-9 still function on the Phone's virtual keypad. 1 is locked as Voicemail, but the other 8 are customizable. Just like on the physical keyboard, hold your finger on the virtual key for a couple seconds or so until the call initiates.
    11-25-10 06:11 PM
    I use gesturepad. Its assigned to my mute key so its one click on that and then I just swipe the gesture (normally first letter of the name to remember). I just find this easier, especially when driving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 06:16 PM
    11-25-10 07:37 PM
    Thanks tellsells, I'll check it out!
    11-26-10 11:06 AM
    11-26-10 11:11 AM
    no. it does not put a contact on the homescreen where you just click on it and it dials.

shortcut manager does it and you can custom the picture on the homescreen or use the default contact picture.

you can create sms,email,weblinks and others with shortcut manager.
    11-26-10 12:57 PM
    shortcut manager was perfect!!
    11-26-10 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD