To me, it seems like when I come on here when a new device has come out, the majority of the posts are something along the lines of.. "hate it, taking it back" or "processor way to slow".

To me, after having the phone for a few weeks, and two returns, I'm 99.99% satisfied. I'm a very picky person when it comes to things I use on a day-to-day basis, especially when that thing is supposed to make my life easier. That's why I did return it twice. The problems I was having were not substantial and your average user would've been able to ignore them, just as on any other phone.

I bought my BlackBerry Bold 9000 about a year ago, and loved every minute of it. A week after I bought it, I said "I'm never going back", and I stay true to that word today. I loved my Bold, and now I love my Torch. I am appalled when I see all these people ranting about how their screen lags or the processor is too slow or their screen isn't up to par.

To you, I say bull**** (excuse my french).

If you want to be able to download your favorite full length movie, send a bunch of emails, and play a game all at the same time, walk on down to BestBuy and pick up a netbook for Christ's sake.

That thing in your hand? It's a cell phone. If it's a BlackBerry, you're holding one of the most effective communication devices on the planet.

My Torch does everything I need it to do. I can call my mom and tell her I'll be home late, I can play brick breaker when my communist history teacher gets on my nerves, I can text my friends in other states quickly and easily with my care-free physical keyboard, I can listen to music from either my iTunes or Pandora, I can watch a video i took of my friend with my phone, I can look through my pictures and laugh at the memories. Best of all? I can do it all at the same time, in the palm of my hand, with efficiency and ease.

So to all the naysayers that complain of a sub-par screen resolution, or a slow processor, or whatever you want to complain about.. take it somewhere else.

I just read a thread "A Month With the Torch" by "lawguyman" and smiled to myself because it was refreshing to hear that someone besides me actually loves their Torch. Now, I find it hard to believe that only two people in the planet love their Torch enough to post it here, on crackberry's forums. So to everyone else that feels the way I do, please reply below, and thank you for not being a troll or negative nancy.

Yours truly,

Spiel
    09-12-10 06:12 PM
    LOL, many like this device including myself. Now I have 3. Most that come here are having issues so it is common place for forums like CB to be filled with "How To" and "It is going back" type threads.
    09-12-10 06:26 PM
    It always happens when a new device comes out.....The 9780 will be next on the chopping block!

And I second your sentiments!
    09-12-10 06:33 PM
    *CLAP CLAP CLAP* Thank you for posting this. You made my day and made me feel like I wasn't the only one who thought people who were ready to down this phone weren't giving it a chance. I just pre-ordered mine from Futureshop so I'm gonna post a review after a day with it.

Cheers bro.
    09-12-10 07:22 PM
    I love the torch since i got the .214 (lag is gone) but for you to say what you said about the people complaining about the lag just shows that you didnt have that problem or you would understand. That lag was awful!!! i swear mine had got to were it was 6-10 sec. at a time. Glad its gone and it blows my mind why RIM didnt reconize that problem and fix it before the release.
    09-12-10 07:39 PM
    I love the torch since i got the .214 (lag is gone) but for you to say what you said about the people complaining about the lag just shows that you didnt have that problem or you would understand. That lag was awful!!! i swear mine had got to were it was 6-10 sec. at a time. Glad its gone and it blows my mind why RIM didnt reconize that problem and fix it before the release.
    That lag in most cases was tied to how they cutover to the Torch using the device switch wizard. In some cases it would transfer duplicate copies of many apps. The few that I asked did exactly as I did when I was seeing the issue. A security wipe and rebuild from scratch corrected the issue for many while an OS reload and rebuild from scratch fixed it as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 07:44 PM
    To me, after having the phone for a few weeks, and two returns, I'm 99.99% satisfied.
    'Nuff said!
    09-12-10 07:56 PM
    'Nuff said!
    did you manage to read the part where he said he's completely anal about his phone's?
    He also mentioned after that the reason those 2 returns happened was because he was anal about little things that easily could've been skipped over.
    09-12-10 08:14 PM
    did you manage to read the part where he said he's completely anal about his phone's?
    He also mentioned after that the reason those 2 returns happened was because he was anal about little things that easily could've been skipped over.
    I don't understand how that makes a difference. A return is a return. I doubt that RIM has different categories for returns (i.e. Anal and not anal.) You people amaze me with your rationalizations!
    09-12-10 08:29 PM
    I don't understand how that makes a difference. A return is a return. I doubt that RIM has different categories for returns (i.e. Anal and not anal.) You people amaze me with your rationalizations!
    No iPhone or Android phone has ever had a hardware defect and needed to be returned! Preach on brother!

Seriously though - I love my Torch and am even more excited now that I've been running .214 for a week - I think about how much better it's going to get as the OS leaks keep coming!

I am also pretty "anal" about my phone and while there are a few minor bugs with the Torch...the BB experience is still far and away better than any other OS. I was hooked by the 9000 as well and will never give up my physical keyboard, LED notifications and ease of use for a faster processor and better screen - both of which are not necessary for the Torch to be awesome!
    09-12-10 08:52 PM
    If you want to be able to download your favorite full length movie, send a bunch of emails, and play a game all at the same time, walk on down to BestBuy and pick up a netbook for Christ's sake.

That thing in your hand? It's a cell phone. If it's a BlackBerry, you're holding one of the most effective communication devices on the planet.

Spiel
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Great post!
    09-12-10 08:53 PM
    LOL, many like this device including myself. Now I have 3. Most that come here are having issues so it is common place for forums like CB to be filled with "How To" and "It is going back" type threads.
    Good post. I'm new to the whole bb experience and so far I'm loving it.
    @shansmi why do you hav 3 torches?

09-12-10 09:18 PM
    It always happens when a new device comes out.....The 9780 will be next on the chopping block!

And I second your sentiments!
    If the 9670 doesn't come out first...though that one deserves it
    09-12-10 09:22 PM
    To me, it seems like when I come on here when a new device has come out, the majority of the posts are something along the lines of.. "hate it, taking it back" or "processor way to slow".

To me, after having the phone for a few weeks, and two returns, I'm 99.99% satisfied. I'm a very picky person when it comes to things I use on a day-to-day basis, especially when that thing is supposed to make my life easier. That's why I did return it twice. The problems I was having were not substantial and your average user would've been able to ignore them, just as on any other phone.

I bought my BlackBerry Bold 9000 about a year ago, and loved every minute of it. A week after I bought it, I said "I'm never going back", and I stay true to that word today. I loved my Bold, and now I love my Torch. I am appalled when I see all these people ranting about how their screen lags or the processor is too slow or their screen isn't up to par.

To you, I say bull**** (excuse my french).

My Torch does everything I need it to do. I can call my mom and tell her I'll be home late, I can play brick breaker when my communist history teacher gets on my nerves, I can text my friends in other states quickly and easily with my care-free physical keyboard, I can listen to music from either my iTunes or Pandora, I can watch a video i took of my friend with my phone, I can look through my pictures and laugh at the memories. Best of all? I can do it all at the same time, in the palm of my hand, with efficiency and ease.

So to all the naysayers that complain of a sub-par screen resolution, or a slow processor, or whatever you want to complain about.. take it somewhere else.

I just read a thread "A Month With the Torch" by "lawguyman" and smiled to myself because it was refreshing to hear that someone besides me actually loves their Torch. Now, I find it hard to believe that only two people in the planet love their Torch enough to post it here, on crackberry's forums. So to everyone else that feels the way I do, please reply below, and thank you for not being a troll or negative nancy.

Yours truly,

Spiel
    Well said! If you enjoy it, that's the only thing that matters
    09-12-10 09:29 PM
    Good read for me, OP.

But in all fairness, we can't deny that things are changing. Smartphones are now brimming with capabilities that some of us might never have imagined 10 years ago.

Can the Torch be better? (I know it's subjective but bear with me) If your answer is yes, it just simply shows that RIM could have done more. This is in light of side-by-side comparisons with existing smart phones on the market, not against a wishlist of possible innovations not yet available anywhere else.

Just my 0.02.
    09-12-10 09:49 PM
    I bet they are all smashing their heads against the wall because they didn't wait for the .214 release (doing the happy dance)
    09-12-10 09:52 PM
    Good read for me, OP.

But in all fairness, we can't deny that things are changing. Smartphones are now brimming with capabilities that some of us might never have imagined 10 years ago.

Can the Torch be better? (I know it's subjective but bear with me) If your answer is yes, it just simply shows that RIM could have done more. This is in light of side-by-side comparisons with existing smart phones on the market, not against a wishlist of possible innovations not yet available anywhere else.

Just my 0.02.
    There's not a phone in the world - or almost anything to be honest - that couldn't be better somehow. With that reasoning you would never be happy.
    09-12-10 10:05 PM
    There's not a phone in the world - or almost anything to be honest - that couldn't be better somehow. With that reasoning you would never be happy.
    I fully agree. Like I said, since "better" is fully subjective, it is a free-for-all discussion. I'm going to leave it at that since this is the 9800 sub-forum.
    09-12-10 10:50 PM
    This is a GREAT thread from a real user and I agree 100% with the OP. There is however one thing that is happening more and more on this forum and I must respond. Please read on.

You people amaze me with your rationalizations!
    You amaze me with your total lack of offering up any type of relevant on topic post or any type of help or suggestions.

I just took a look at your profile. Hmm ... lets explore that shall we. I'm going to break it down by section.

>>>>
    Total Posts
    Total Posts: 79
    Posts Per Day: 6.71
    Find all posts by 67Tucker
    <<<<

Yep 79 posts. I freely admit that's more than I have. However, I took a quick look a quite a few of them. Honestly I could not find one post where you were actually trying to help anyone or for that matter even offering a "constructive" comment or advice that would help anyone. All I saw were a bunch of posts spewing BS and H&D.

I've been on boards for years all the way back to the early days of the BBS and Usenet. Back when a 286 with a dos command line cranking through a 300 baud modem was the standard. You know the "80's". Or maybe you don't, you probably weren't even born yet. We started a nickname for persons who posted the way you do. We called them TROLLS. During that time I've seen many loser trolls come and go. I'm afraid that you will surely go the way of so many others who trolled before you. In fact, you WILL go down faster because most of them were far far better at it then you will ever be, as they were PRO's and you my trolling loser are still in the peanut gallery LOL.

They came in together in a band of many and flamed, spewed mindless crap, spread their one sided a**hole BS just to see what kind of reaction they could get. They were pathetic losers who had no life. They were unhappy people and just wanted to use their bitterness to upset other people and derail a thread so they could feel important.

We defeated them and drove them away to other forums. It was SO EASY to do. We used to have what they called a "kill file", add their name to your list and their posts went to never never land. Nowadays you can just block their posts, so it's the modern day version but accomplishes the same thing. We grouped together with our kill files and soon enough the majority of users blocked their posts and their posts were never seen and just ignored. Like any other loser troll or schoolyard bully, the minute they were not heard and ignored, they left to find another forum to disrupt. That created a new saying "Do Not Feed The Trolls". It's still in use today and it STILL works.

<<<<
    Find all threads started by 67Tucker
    >>>>

I didn't see any threads listed that you have started. Another classic troll move. Never start a thread, only try to disrupt one. LOL after all these years some things never change

<<<<
    General Information
    Last Activity: Today 08:24 PM
    Referrals: 0
    >>>>

12 days as a registered user and you have been trolling the whole time. Again Peanut gallery and more proof that you are a poor excuse for a troll. A REAL troll will be a constructive member for months till he gains the trust of fellow members and then he moves in for the kill. Yes 67Tucker you are an amateur. Any real user who frequents various forums can easily see that. ROFLMAO over that.

So now fellow members of the Torch 9800 forum, are you going to do what needs to be done?

If we all add 67Tucker to our ignore lists, his posts will cease to be seen. He will no longer get the attention he so desperately needs to justify whatever is missing from his life. Then we can get on with "constructive" comments and quality help for the majority of new Torch users who are coming here because they actually want and need the help of users who actually own and use the device on a daily basis and have figured out solutions and workarounds. Or they are on the fence and are seeking "real" information before deciding on whether to move to the Torch.

I'm OK with a "true" user who gave it a shot and decided to return it and posts up here. We all want both sides of the story good or bad. I for one am getting sick and tired of posts from users like 67Tucker who offer no constructive value other than to flame and bash others because they don't use the same device as he or she does.

So once again I ask .... are you ready to "not feed the trolls"? Do you want this forum to be the real deal? I gave you all the solution to the problem. USE that block option.

TIA
    09-13-10 01:57 AM
    Wow, that was quite the anti-troll post. Nice job!
    09-13-10 07:01 AM
    That anti-troll rant was fantastic. lol

good post OP
    09-13-10 07:19 AM
    Awesome post, cwmont, but I'm sure 67Tucker (aka SackHarry?) will rear his fugly head again.
    09-13-10 07:23 AM
    Nice post. We should all post our positive experiences.
    Last edited by lawguyman; 09-13-10 at 07:42 AM.
    09-13-10 07:40 AM
    To all of you that post constrcutive information and provide valid points in your posts, I applaude you. I look to this forum to learn from those of you who share your knowledge and insight. I think the OP made very valid points in his post, he admitted that the issues he had would have been overlooked by most users, but not by him. I'm glad he pleased with his 9800.
    09-13-10 08:04 AM
    GREAT Posts OP n cwmont!!!!!! We need MORE TROLL PATROL in these threads!!!!!!! Loving my 9800.....proud to say hubby now a BB user and both my older children have 9700!!!!! :-D We are a 4 BB user household! Keep the Trolls away!!!!

09-13-10 10:03 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD