does anyone else see that when they plug the phone into windows (Im using win 7 ultimate) it pulls up 2 devices, 1 for media card, and another for internal media storage.

Kinda annoying, and I searched and could not find anything.

anyone else experiencing this and maybe has a fix?
    09-22-10 11:07 PM
    Yes, it pulls up as two, because one's the micro SD card and one's the internal memory. Hope that helps!
    09-22-10 11:09 PM
    One is the 4G of onboard storage and the second is your SD card. No fix. This is design intent. You could just select charge only and it will not mount anything as a HD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 11:09 PM
    There's nothing to fix. There are 2 storage areas on the phone. The memory card and the 4gb internal memory. When you plug into your computer, they will be recognized as 2 separate drives.
    09-22-10 11:10 PM
    No fix. This design dates way back to old Blackberries. My Curve 8310, and Bold 9000 both did this. I think its a fantastic quick way to have access to DEVICE storage, OR-, MEMORY CARD storage.

09-22-10 11:21 PM
    Its a neat thing. Since its not combined, you know whats store to internal, and to the external. Good design decision. That way you wont accidentally put something on the internal memory and it "magically" gets wiped.
    09-22-10 11:33 PM
    please be mindful of the original post.

As I've stated, I do understand that there are 2 different sources for storage. Being that I dont store anything by default on the device (atleast that I know of), its kind of a pain in the rear.

I was asking if anyone knows a way to basically merge these 2 or disable one from popping up. If not, then so be it.
    09-22-10 11:43 PM
    No way to hide the internal area or merge it with the memory card. How is it a 'a pain in the rear'?
    09-22-10 11:46 PM
    The only way would be within Windows 7, to disable the internal drive from mounting. When you get a pop up for the internal storage, do you have an option to "do nothing" and "remember this setting" type choice? Pick those.

It's really a Windows thing...a device that has two storage drives will always try and mount both storage locations. It has happened to me on digital cameras, too, when plugged into a PC. A Windows feature, not Blackberry related.
    09-23-10 12:01 AM
    pbflash,
    because when it hooks up to my laptop I get 2 windows, one on top of the other, asking how I want to handle the situation. and when I go to open storage I see blackberry or blackberry 1. Get tired of guessing which one is which.

Bran, thank you, will try that. Makes sense now, simple too
    09-23-10 12:17 AM
    And as we all explained, it is design intent. You can select "charge only" on the device when prompted and only one will be mounted I think or you can setup autoplay as noted earlier as well.

09-23-10 12:21 AM
    The only way would be within Windows 7, to disable the internal drive from mounting. When you get a pop up for the internal storage, do you have an option to "do nothing" and "remember this setting" type choice? Pick those.

It's really a Windows thing...a device that has two storage drives will always try and mount both storage locations. It has happened to me on digital cameras, too, when plugged into a PC. A Windows feature, not Blackberry related.
    No, it can't be a windows thing. I have a Garmin GPS with an SD card slot that shows up in windows as 1 device. But mounts both drives. Un-mounting is 1 click instead of the 2 that is required for the Blackberry.
    Last edited by GlennTX; 09-23-10 at 04:55 PM.
    09-23-10 04:49 PM
    the reason the GPS only has one is because it doesn't also load it's internal memory, like a blackberry. Anyway the fix has already been given:

related.
    he wanted one, not two and not nothing. Is there something so so wrong with that :P
    09-23-10 06:15 PM
    Or how about you just name them two different things and take the guesswork out? I can always tell which is muy SD card based on what is stored there. Why do you have to guess at all if you say you store nothing on the internal memory. Oh well, good luck!

09-23-10 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD