Hey, whenever I swipe through my pictures I will after some pictures eventually reach a placeholder pic where the bb seems to load the next set of pics which in my opinion takes ages. Is this common? I am running 337. Shouldn't a device with this price and in this category be able to show fairly small files without any delay??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 09:21 AM
    Hmm.. I have no idea what would do that.. After I read this I went and checked my pictures, and they all load fast. As soon as I swipe it shows the next picture. Try doing a battery pull, cleaning your memory if you've gotten in the engineering screen or use QL's memory cleaner, also close all apps you have running besides the ones that are always running.
    12-13-10 09:27 AM
    Will try.

12-13-10 09:28 AM
    also yu can goo to settings and make the swipe on the screen faster or slower also on the trackpad
    12-13-10 09:38 AM
    This is a known bug in .337
    12-13-10 11:56 AM
    I'm using .337 and facing the same problem sometimes. I seriously doubt further upgrade would fix this.
    12-14-10 01:30 AM
    My 9780 swipes through pictures very fast and smooth
    12-14-10 01:42 AM
    Aaah.. Cheers for that. I get it occasionally. It just seems that it is background loading the pics.
    12-14-10 02:45 AM
    Aaah.. Cheers for that. I get it occasionally. It just seems that it is background loading the pics.
    Yeah obviously but a device in this category shouldnt have any issues with some 3mb picture files!
    12-14-10 03:12 AM
    Yeah obviously but a device in this category shouldnt have any issues with some 3mb picture files!
    It's not the device it's a bug in this particular OS version. If you stick to your official latest OS (I'm sure none of you are on Beeline) then you'd never experience it.

That being said, if you've been adventurous and installed .337 for whatever reason, you have to live with any little bugs that may have popped up....but you can always downgrade.
    12-14-10 06:29 AM
    I agree a device in this category shouldnt have any issues....I do have this issue at times also, just thought because of the size of my pictures (mb) was the reason for the lag in swiping of my BBW pictures....lol
    12-14-10 08:31 AM
    My 9780 swipes through pictures very fast and smooth

First off, you cant "swipe" anything on a 9780, swiping refers to touch screens.

And as jeffreii stated its a known bug in .337, and if you had stayed with your carriers "official" OS you would never experience this issue. Has nothing to do with the price or "A device such as this". Every smart phone has bugs of some sort and it's typically because of the OS and not hardware related, such is the case with this bug. If you cant wait a fraction of a second for a picture to load then go back to .246 simple as that. If anyone of you would read the thread based on .337 you would have known this and not blamed it on the device itself but rather the bug's in the OS.
    Last edited by homer1475; 12-14-10 at 08:41 AM.
    12-14-10 08:39 AM
    If anyone of you would read the thread based on .337 you would have known this and not blamed it on the device itself but rather the bug's in the OS.
    I am impressed how much time you have reading through an 18 page thread. In addition to that the device is always a combination of Software and Hardware and not everyone differentiates between that (probably only people who read through 18 pages do that). I as well bought the device with .337. But I will surely consider blaming it on the software rather than the device next time since it makes a huge difference.
    12-15-10 05:09 AM
    First off, you cant "swipe" anything on a 9780, swiping refers to touch screens.

And as jeffreii stated its a known bug in .337, and if you had stayed with your carriers "official" OS you would never experience this issue. Has nothing to do with the price or "A device such as this". Every smart phone has bugs of some sort and it's typically because of the OS and not hardware related, such is the case with this bug. If you cant wait a fraction of a second for a picture to load then go back to .246 simple as that. If anyone of you would read the thread based on .337 you would have known this and not blamed it on the device itself but rather the bug's in the OS.
    Homer1475......well said.....totally agree!!
    12-15-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD