Just upgraded from .141 to .246 on my Torch. Only issue I am seeing is a delay in receiving emails. There is about a 30 minute delay from the time the show up on my web client (yahoo) and the time they show up on my Torch. Maybe this is a BIS issue and not the OS?
    09-28-10 02:34 PM
    I haven't noticed a delay, actually quite the opposite. I was having a 10-15min delay on my hotmail accounts, and around a 5 min delay on my g-mail, I upgraded this morning and sent a few test emails and the delay is almost gone taking about 1-2 min at the most
    09-28-10 02:39 PM
    i dunno it might be a bis thing, cause lately my emails have been coming in slowly on my 9700
    09-28-10 03:03 PM
    I've been having delays with my Yahoo mail on and off for the past several weeks. I called Verizon yesterday to report the problem. They opened a ticket with RIM. I was pretty quickly escalated up to TIER 2, and workied with them on the phone for a few hours trying to do different things to test the problem, and narrow it down. At the end of the day yesterday, they escalated it to TIER 3, and told me to call back in the morning (since I had to leave work - they would have stayed on the phone with me longer).

I called back today, but the tech assigned to my problem wasn't in. However, I spoke to a few other techs there (I called back a few times), who assured me that the team was looking into it. Each tech spent at least a few minutes with me, running some more tests, checking the BIS logs, etc. None of them seemed to be in a big hurry to get me off the phone (which is not the usual experience with any tech support these days!). They told me I can call back any time for a status update if I wanted to, and they would contact me if they needed more information or to do more testing.

I spoke to them again about half an hour ago. They told me that at this point, they have started to get more reports of this issue, as more people notice that the problem is affecting them, and isn't going away. They have an active case open with Yahoo, and are working with the Yahoo engineers to get the problem fixed on Yahoo's end as quickly as possible. They have no ETA at this time, however.

If you haven't done so already, call your carrier to open a ticket, and ask them to open a case with RIM for you. (If you call RIM directly, they usually try to charge you for phone support)
    09-28-10 03:15 PM
    I've been having delays with my Yahoo mail on and off for the past several weeks. I called Verizon yesterday to report the problem. They opened a ticket with RIM. I was pretty quickly escalated up to TIER 2, and workied with them on the phone for a few hours trying to do different things to test the problem, and narrow it down. At the end of the day yesterday, they escalated it to TIER 3, and told me to call back in the morning (since I had to leave work - they would have stayed on the phone with me longer).

I called back today, but the tech assigned to my problem wasn't in. However, I spoke to a few other techs there (I called back a few times), who assured me that the team was looking into it. Each tech spent at least a few minutes with me, running some more tests, checking the BIS logs, etc. None of them seemed to be in a big hurry to get me off the phone (which is not the usual experience with any tech support these days!). They told me I can call back any time for a status update if I wanted to, and they would contact me if they needed more information or to do more testing.

I spoke to them again about half an hour ago. They told me that at this point, they have started to get more reports of this issue, as more people notice that the problem is affecting them, and isn't going away. They have an active case open with Yahoo, and are working with the Yahoo engineers to get the problem fixed on Yahoo's end as quickly as possible. They have no ETA at this time, however.

If you haven't done so already, call your carrier to open a ticket, and ask them to open a case with RIM for you. (If you call RIM directly, they usually try to charge you for phone support)

yah mine is yahoo as well
    09-28-10 03:30 PM
    I did a few battery pulls and it seems to be better now. About a 1-2 minute delay until its pushed to the BB. I am suspecting it was probably a BIS issue.

Now if there was only a way to speed up syncing changes made in the web client of Yahoo to reflect on the BB device. Pretty frustrating when I delete or move emails via the web client and it takes hours for the changes to reflect on the BB device. I am used to the changes being instant as with the Yahoo client on the iPhone. :/
    09-28-10 04:48 PM
    Per the conversation I just had with a TIER 3 tech at RIM, A lot of the notifications from the Yahoo servers have not been coming in at all, or have been coming in very late. There is no pattern to it right now, and some accounts are perfectly fine, while others don't get any mail at all.
    A battery pull isn't going to fix that, as the problem is on Yahoo's end.
    He did tell me, however, that there is a 6-hour "sync-up" that is initiated from RIM's end, and that is supposed to pull anything new down to the device, even if Yahoo hasn't been sending the notifications.
    09-28-10 04:56 PM
    Per the conversation I just had with a TIER 3 tech at RIM, A lot of the notifications from the Yahoo servers have not been coming in at all, or have been coming in very late. There is no pattern to it right now, and some accounts are perfectly fine, while others don't get any mail at all.
    A battery pull isn't going to fix that, as the problem is on Yahoo's end.
    He did tell me, however, that there is a 6-hour "sync-up" that is initiated from RIM's end, and that is supposed to pull anything new down to the device, even if Yahoo hasn't been sending the notifications.
    I spoke too soon. Just checked my web client and there is some mail there that hasn't been pushed to my device. Plus it looks like email is getting to the Yahoo client itself slow. Such as a mail with the time of 4:25 not showing up until 5:00 despite refreshing constantly.

My mail is set up a little differently. I don't use the @yahoo.com address but rather a .edu alumni email forwarding service which forwards the email to yahoo (doesn't have an inbox, just strictly a forwarding service). Never had a problem with that service being slow, though it could potentially delay email getting to Yahoo itself.

Hopefully Yahoo/RIM can get it solved soon.
    09-28-10 05:12 PM
    I just tried out my iPhone and send a test mail from a gmail account to my yahoo account and it showed up instantly on the Yahoo web client and the iphone Yahoo mail. So it looks like the issue must be with BIS.
    09-28-10 06:11 PM
    Misery loves company....I'm having the same issue with yahoo mail and no other email account on my blackberry (I have 5 email accounts coming into the blackberry). I'm on AT&T, When speaking to their tech dept., they had no idea there was an issue and directed me to Yahoo, who told me there was no issue on their end and that it must be a RIM server issue. To be clear, my yahoo mail is being picked up by Microsoft Outlook as usual, but since I upgraded to .246 on the Torch, I am experiencing delayed receipt of Yahoo mail or not receiving them at all on the Torch. I'm ready to downgrade back to .141, its the only work around to the issue I can figure out on my own, unless anyone else has an idea.
    09-28-10 06:14 PM
    Misery loves company....I'm having the same issue with yahoo mail and no other email account on my blackberry (I have 5 email accounts coming into the blackberry). I'm on AT&T, When speaking to their tech dept., they had no idea there was an issue and directed me to Yahoo, who told me there was no issue on their end and that it must be a RIM server issue. To be clear, my yahoo mail is being picked up by Microsoft Outlook as usual, but since I upgraded to .246 on the Torch, I am experiencing delayed receipt of Yahoo mail or not receiving them at all on the Torch. I'm ready to downgrade back to .141, its the only work around to the issue I can figure out on my own, unless anyone else has an idea.
    I called as well and they really didn't have an answer. They said it may be some temporary server issue. They didn't escalate me to any higher Tier of support.

I didn't have any issue .141 so maybe its a Yahoo glitch on .246. Maybe some more Yahoo users on .246 will chime in.
    09-28-10 06:35 PM
    I'm certainly not qualified to suggest where the problem lies in a technical sense, but through normal trial and error and logically thinking through what is working and what is not, I would say, that .246 causes the RIM server to not properly pull emails from yahoo biz email accounts. Therefore its a RIM/.246 issue. Btw: my yahoo account is a biz email account and doesn't end with "@yahoo.com". If there is anyone out there who thinks they are NOT experiencing this problem, I would suggest that you double check what mail has come to your blackberry (from yahoo) and what mail is actually in your yahoo biz mail on the yahoo biz mail web site. You may be surprised what you find. Check for missing emails on your blackberry and the time it was received on the website versus your blackberry. Please report back either way. Thanks.

PS: Is anyone else having this problem with yahoo biz email that isn't using a Torch and/or .246?
    09-28-10 07:48 PM
    Ok, I just downgraded to .225. First test mail I sent took about 15 minutes to push to the device from my Yahoo account. I did a few battery pulls and gave the OS about an hour and now my emails are pushing instantly from Yahoo account. I will run .225 for the next day or so and report back if the Yahoo! mail continues to work as its supposed to.
    09-29-10 01:14 AM
    Thanks for the info Keep me posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 08:41 AM
    I'd like to clarify what was explained to my by the TIER 3 technician at RIM (also explained by the TIER 2 and TIER 1 techs there, too):

The way that Yahoo mail interacts with the BIS is different from the way a normal POP3 account works.
    with POP3, the BIS server polls the mail server every X minutes (X changes, based on if there were messages the previous poll - it checks more often if it keeps finding messages).

However, Yahoo works more like a BES server. The Yahoo mail server sends (or is *supposed to* send - that's where the failure occurred) a notification to the BIS server as each message comes in for a mailbox tied to the BIS. The BIS server then pulls all new messages from the Yahoo server, and sends them to the Blackberry. If messages come in very close together, it is possible for the BIS server to grab several at once, since new ones came in after the notification, but before it connected.
    What seems to have been happening, is that some, or all, of those notifications have been getting delayed, or lost altogether. Therefore, when the Yahoo server DOES send a notification, the BIS pulls all messages since the last pull it made, which is why you may see several messages come to the Blackberry at the same time.
    Separately, the BIS server checks on its own, every 6 hours (I was told), to make sure everything is up to date (even if there have been no notifications). This is why the BB and Yahoo would sync up every 6 hours when the whole read/unread/deletion sync issue was happening last summer.
    09-29-10 08:45 AM
    I wrote myself a little script to send me an e-mail every 5 minutes, with the time stamp in the Subject line. That way, I could quickly see how long messages were being delayed when coming to the Blackberry.

Sometime around 10 PM (EDT) last night, I started getting duplicate copies of a specific message coming down to the Blackberry, every few minutes. I finally deleted that message from my Yahoo mailbox, to make them stop. I saw the same thing with the next message.

Somewhere around 11:30 PM (EDT) last night, those duplicates stopped, and a batch of backed-up messages flowed down to the Blackberry.
    Then, beginning at 11:40 PM (EDT), my 5-minute messages started coming in on time (a handful were delayed by 1 or two minutes, at most).
    That trend continued through 8:00 AM (EDT) this morning, when I changed the timer to run every 15 minutes. I'm happy to report, that things seem to be running on time, for now. I don't know if this will last, but it is certainly a good sign.
    09-29-10 08:49 AM
    I am still on .225 and the issue seems to have resolved. I have received about 20 emails this morning and all were pushed to the Torch within 1 minute of showing up on the web client. Also, when I delete mails on the web client without even reading them on the BB device, they are disappearing from the BB device within about 1-2 minutes as well! Previously when I deleted mails from the web client, it would take many hours before that change was reflected on the BB device. Now my web client inbox and BB device inbox are synced within a matter of minutes.

Thanks for the detailed description noamparn. Maybe in .246 there some error in the way the native Yahoo mail client is configured. Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that hotmail was working great and gmail. So it seems to be isolated to yahoo.

For what its worth, .225 fixed my yahoo mail issue. It's still available for download in this thread (post #78).
    Download .225 thread

I will continue to monitor it and will report back if I start having mail issues again.
    09-29-10 09:22 AM
    I wrote myself a little script to send me an e-mail every 5 minutes, with the time stamp in the Subject line. That way, I could quickly see how long messages were being delayed when coming to the Blackberry.

Sometime around 10 PM (EDT) last night, I started getting duplicate copies of a specific message coming down to the Blackberry, every few minutes. I finally deleted that message from my Yahoo mailbox, to make them stop. I saw the same thing with the next message.

Somewhere around 11:30 PM (EDT) last night, those duplicates stopped, and a batch of backed-up messages flowed down to the Blackberry.
    Then, beginning at 11:40 PM (EDT), my 5-minute messages started coming in on time (a handful were delayed by 1 or two minutes, at most).
    That trend continued through 8:00 AM (EDT) this morning, when I changed the timer to run every 15 minutes. I'm happy to report, that things seem to be running on time, for now. I don't know if this will last, but it is certainly a good sign.
    Interesting that things start to improve around 11:40PM last night. I switched to .225 around 12 midnight. Maybe it was a BIS/yahoo issue that got fixed around that time? If other people are seeing that .246 is working well now with Yahoo, i may switch back. Not sure there is a big change in .225 to .246
    09-29-10 09:27 AM
    I've had this problem on most of the OSes, I don't think it's an OS issue at all.
    Seems that there are also synchronization problems as well as far as deleting mail from the server from the BB and mail not being marked as read on the server after they're read on the BB. Same thing with Hotmail.
    09-29-10 09:51 AM
    Things were working well on .225. I decided to try .246 again and it seems to be working much better this time around. May have been a short term Yahoo/BIS issue rather than an OS issue.
    09-30-10 08:18 PM
    I am having major email delays with .246 and yahoo emails. Also having trouble with delete options. Only have one, no longer have the option to delete from handlheld etc.
    10-15-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD