Guys, I need some help.

This morning I was using my torch no problem, and then it all of a sudden went dead.

I wouldn't be too worried, but the phone was purchased and unlocked to use on another carrier. I know there is no warranty on the phone from AT&T (the original carrier) but will there still be warranty through RIM?

Or does anyone know what would cause this issue? It might be easier if I can track down some parts on my own.

Thanks
    10-10-10 12:45 PM
    RIM warrants the Torch for a full year.
    10-10-10 12:55 PM
    How do I contact them? All the numbers I've tried seem extremely difficult to get through.
    10-10-10 12:57 PM
    Do not tell them you unlocked it. Someone from another thread here said they told him that it voided his warranty...
    10-10-10 02:32 PM
    Do not tell them you unlocked it. Someone from another thread here said they told him that it voided his warranty...
    Unlocking your phone does not void the warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 12:11 AM
    Unlocking your phone does not void the warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea, even when you turn it on it says "WORLD PHONE". AT&T should unlock it for you if you call and say you're going over seas
    10-11-10 12:13 AM
    Yea, even when you turn it on it says "WORLD PHONE". AT&T should unlock it for you if you call and say you're going over seas
    You don't need to unlock the phone to use it overseas. I've used my old Curve on ATT in England, Sweden, Germany, St. Maarten, and the Bahamas without issue. Granted you have to pay the ATT rates, but the phone does work without issue. The only reason to unlock is if you want to use a different SIM card from a different carrier.
    10-11-10 09:59 PM
    I woke to a dead Torch this morning. THe ATT rep quickly gathered my info after troubleshooting and a new Torch is on it's way. Wondering if this is a trend...

Luckily I kept my 9700 as a spare. When 6.0 is released on it, I might just stick w it.
    10-13-10 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD