I had the Captivate before I had the Torch. I liked the phone but it just died so fast that I found myself barley using it to try to conserve battery. That was the reason I returned it all the bells and whistles were great (that screen is amazing) but what's the point if its not being put to use?

Anyways to each his own and I hope you enjoy the Captivate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 08:08 PM
    Ty, so far I am enjoying it thoroughly. Hope you enjoy your Torch.
    12-12-10 08:09 PM
    I tried a Captivate last month. One major gripe was the bad battery life. I agree with others though. The glamour starts to wear off a bit. Have had my iPhone 4 for a few months now. Starting to miss my BB a little more each day. Oops.. Did I say that out load
    12-12-10 08:11 PM
    Hahaha, I had the iPhone 4 for about a week before going to the Torch. Definitely enjoyed the Torch more.......
    12-12-10 08:19 PM
    I was simply stating my opinion and the issues I found with the device. Not trying to convince anyone to join me hahaha. If you got that from my post of explaining the issues I had, wow just wow.

You realize this is a Torch forum right? What are you trying to accomplish by stating your opinion that you swapped to a superior device? Just looking for an argument? That or trying to convince everyone else that your device is superior and we should all do the same are the only logical reasons I can think of. Are your bored, just immature, or both?
    12-12-10 08:28 PM
    I posted, in the forum for the Blackberry Torch, the issues I had with the Blackberry Torch and the phone I switched to and why. I do believe my post involved the phone that this forum is about no? Thought so, have fun troll..........
    12-12-10 08:43 PM
    Rim does design a great os though give em credit. There os runs very smooth considering the slower processor. Most will say that as they code even better there would be no need for a faster processor that does drain battery. As far as the few android phones I've personally touched, RIM does a wonderful job with touch screen accuracy.

No phone can beat the communications power that is blackberry. As noted above even down to the notification led and email capabilities. If those things were rated higher on my list of important factors id have stayed with my torch. As for me i like the brilliant display and. Multimedia features of the captivate.

Don't care for the battery life or touch screen accuracy. But those are sacrifices you have to consider.

12-12-10 08:52 PM
    Hands down agree, there is just something about this Captivate hahaha.

12-12-10 08:54 PM
    Someone did say about the glamour wearing off and I haven't found that yet. However I agree with the poster above as to what the point is of you don't use it. I try not to use my phone so much at work because this brilliant display kills the battery. Though I shouldn't be on my phone at work in the first place. Haha

12-12-10 09:00 PM
    I will hate to be limited to touching that awesome screen cause of the battery. I thhink that's silly

12-12-10 10:03 PM
    Torch is like my wife. It has great utility, reliability and always behind me supporting me. But deep in my dark side I clamor for a couple of beautiful sexy girlfriends (aka Iphone 4 and Android). When my wife disgarees with me I look for my sexy girl friends. But I never stay long with them. I always come home to my wife..

12-12-10 10:25 PM
    torch is like my wife. It has great utility, reliability and always behind me supporting me. But deep in my dark side i clamor for a couple of beautiful sexy girlfriends (aka iphone 4 and android). When my wife disgarees with me i look for my sexy girl friends. But i never stay long with them. I always come home to my wife..

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lmfao!!!!!!!!
    12-13-10 10:42 AM
    Another one of these post. This is getting really old. *shurgs*

More like *yawns.* *Checks watch.*
    12-13-10 11:39 AM
    Torch is like my wife. It has great utility, reliability and always behind me supporting me. But deep in my dark side I clamor for a couple of beautiful sexy girlfriends (aka Iphone 4 and Android). When my wife disgarees with me I look for my sexy girl friends. But I never stay long with them. I always come home to my wife..

Wow that is a great analogy. Now if My wife reads this I'm sure I'll be in the doghouse
    12-13-10 11:42 AM
    Where is the point that Android is an ineffecient OS? I feel it is very fluent and without flaw due to better hardware built into the device. I can run multiple apps as well as other things that can be done with the phone without having the lag and restart issue. Couldn't do that with my berry. Just saying.
    I run tons of crap on my 9800 at the same time with no lag. Before saying how "bad" BB's are because of old experiences on OLD PONES you should try them.

I haven't had to do a battery pull on my 9800 and thats since release week. I usually runs 10-15 programs at the same time and no lag.

What BB did you have before a 8xxx series from a few years ago?
    12-13-10 12:05 PM
    I am happy for you and your new phone. I have had my day wih other devices and while I felt the same until that new feeling wore off and I got hit with the wake up stick. The one thing that was mentioned that I do not understand is how only blackberries has to have battery pulls and other devices never have this issue becasue they have better hardware. This issuch a false statment. I have sceen countless android devices needing to have there batteries pulled cause they just were running really slow or just completly froze up. We blackberry fans just understand that it is something that happens while others make belive that it has never happen to them. Either way it happens to all phones just like it happens to your computer sitting on your desk or lap.
    12-13-10 12:54 PM
    I dont understand these posts either, (I know, dont read it then) maybe its a guilty pleaseure because I have read the entire thing. Why does anybody really care what phone somebody else uses or why they use it? I dont get it.
    12-13-10 12:57 PM

ROFL That is too funny.
    12-13-10 01:42 PM
    What BB did you have before a 8xxx series from a few years ago?
    I was wondering the same. I also wonder if this person did an upgrade of the OS before jumping ship. I know there were some issues in the "out of the box" OS that AT&T ships. There has been at least one update that fixed that, at least from what I heard.
    I'm running OS 6.0.0.380 I have very little issues with it and as soon as I get a chance I'll be upgrading to the new leak.
    Last edited by crackhead007; 12-13-10 at 01:50 PM.
    12-13-10 01:46 PM
    I have had from 8310 to 8900 to 8520 to 9700 to 9800. The day I got my Torch I had updated to the newest 6.0 available at the time. I typically don't use leaked OS's due to a bad experience I had with my 8900 at the time. Again, no one has to agree with me or read this post. I just posted my experience with it and what I chose to do afterward. I know plenty of people as well who have either the Droid X, the Vibrant, or the EVO and have never had to do a battery pull or anything of that sort. But I will say this, I could have gotten a bugged Torch so I will never throw it in the toilet.
    12-13-10 05:34 PM
    I posted, in the forum for the Blackberry Torch, the issues I had with the Blackberry Torch and the phone I switched to and why. I do believe my post involved the phone that this forum is about no? Thought so, have fun troll..........
    Troll? Pot - kettle.... You are avoiding the question, not very well I might add. Yes, this is a Torch forum. Yes you posted about your issues. YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE PHONE. So once again, what is your point? You act like a 15 year old spoiled brat.
    12-13-10 06:29 PM
    How about we let the thread die, it's not worth the angst for anyone. This seems to have gotten to the point of name calling and I'm sure the mods and everyone else would agree that that's not at all what we're here for.
    Jersey likes his phone: SWEET!
    We like our phones: SWEET!
    Let's move on

pa7tip likes this.
    12-13-10 06:51 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD