This is why you don't buy anything right away Day 1 there are always problems so can't really say I'm surprised to hear this
    08-13-10 07:30 AM
    I had the reception issues when i first got my 9700 when it came out. It is software and it will go away eventually. i distincly remember holding the phone and seeing the bars fluctuate severily.
    08-13-10 07:51 AM
    Phone is fast even on edge feels like 3g better receptions in this dead spot where my 9700 use to wiggle a bit it just flows now. Very nice fast and smooth. Ask for a replacement froM the bottom of the stack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 08:16 AM
    have you guys tried to Torches on Wi-Fi.. it IS smooth!
    so even if you don't know that it's not a 1GHZ processor like what the reviewers and other critics are screaming about...
    you won't feel underpowered.
    08-13-10 08:26 AM
    i think you're being overly critical but here's hoping after a bit more playing you'll be happy with it.
    08-13-10 08:30 AM
    Ican hear myself through the handset when I talk but I haven't heard any complaints fro. Those I'm talking to. No roblems with reception either. There is a dead spot at work thy used to kill my 9700 but this still clings to two bars there. I'm guessing bad batch as what was previously mentioned. It happns sadly.

08-13-10 08:31 AM
    have you guys tried to Torches on Wi-Fi.. it IS smooth!
    so even if you don't know that it's not a 1GHZ processor like what the reviewers and other critics are screaming about...
    you won't feel underpowered.

Man I don't even feel any difference it runs faster and better with more user friendly stuff. I asked around before buying no one knew what it was. But os 6 is really a must have upgrade to os 5. I always wanted to enjoy the freedom of feeds with out viigo and now is that. Cheers I can tell your enjoying yours.

08-13-10 08:31 AM
    I put the AGF case from the AT&T store on mine because I don't holster it. When I took it off to check out the difference I noticed that the slider didn't feel as solid. I think the case make it feel a lot better, but it's still no big deal either way.
    08-13-10 09:08 AM
    Is anyone having issues with the browser? It seems that a majority of the web sites I go to do not render very well in the new browser? To be more precise the web sites are not even usable? I did not have this issue on my Bold 9000. Also the preloaded apps (ESPN, CNN, etc) when I try to "activate" them I am sent to what looks like the blackberry home page but there isn't anything on the page accept a couple of very small rounded rectangle shapes. Very dissapointed given all the positive press around the new browser?

UPDATE: after rebooting the browser works great!!
    Last edited by pseli; 08-14-10 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Situation changed
    08-13-10 06:04 PM
    I went form an old 8310 Edge to the new Torch last week! Well I am on my second Torch! After one day my new phone was not receiving my text messages! Went back o ATT and they changed the SIM card, that took care of the problem, however, I turned off the phone at the store before I left and guess what! It would not turn back on!!! They gave me a new one! Even with the Desktop Manager it is a pain to reset everything back to your liking! Hopefully this will be the last one! If something happens again, within the 30 days, I will go to the othe side I Phone! I only hear good thing about it, from my friends that have it. Even though I love BB.
    11-12-10 08:40 AM
    The torch also drops signal faster and worse than my old Iphone 4.
    11-12-10 10:45 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD