This is a very simple question but if someone could help me it would be -amazing-!!
    So, I know there is a way to do "ctrl+alt+del" on the blackberry torch. My only problem is I don't remember exactly what buttons to use. So the very simple question is; what buttons do the ctrl+alt+del type thing to restart it?? Also, if there are any other helpful shortcuts could you please let me know?? I know there's a lot but I just haven't remembered them all yet.

Thanks!!!
    06-29-11 01:02 PM
    It is "alt+right shift key+delete". That will perform a soft reset on your phone.
    06-29-11 01:55 PM
    Or you can use the app QuickPull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 04:37 PM
    Or you can use the app QuickPull

why would you download an app for something that takes 3 key strokes?

QuickPull was/is beneficial for the Storms. They have to do battery pulls often to run correctly. So QuickPull helped because you could schedule reboots in the middle of the night. They also don't have keys to do a soft reset. The app is pretty much useless with the BlackBerry phones out now.
    06-29-11 04:49 PM

QuickPull was/is beneficial for the Storms. They have to do battery pulls often to run correctly. So QuickPull helped because you could schedule reboots in the middle of the night. They also don't have keys to do a soft reset. The app is pretty much useless with the BlackBerry phones out now.
    Well, QuickPull works for my Torch as well. Plus, using the three key soft reset doesn't work like the QuickPull actually performing a reboot. It depends on how much you put your Blackberry through. Rebooting works better that a soft reset for me cuz I use my Torch so much during the day.

Just my opinion.
    06-29-11 04:58 PM
    Well, QuickPull works for my Torch as well. Plus, using the three key soft reset doesn't work like the QuickPull actually performing a reboot. It depends on how much you put your Blackberry through. Rebooting works better that a soft reset for me cuz I use my Torch so much during the day.

Just my opinion.
    QuickPull does the exact same thing as the 3 key combo to reboot the phone. There's no way to completely simulate a true battery pull. When you pull the battery out of the phone, everything loses power (the phone and capacitors in it). If you don't remove the battery those electrical components won't lose power.

A soft reset is called that because it uses software to perform the reboot. A hard reset is called that because you used the hardware to physically pull the battery out.

There's also some issues that will only get fixed by pulling the battery, the 3 key combo or an app won't fix everything.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 06-29-11 at 05:19 PM.
    06-29-11 05:16 PM
    QuickPull does the exact same thing as the 3 key combo to reboot the phone. There's no way to completely simulate a true battery pull. When you pull the battery out of the phone, everything loses power (the phone and capacitors in it). If you don't remove the battery those electrical components won't lose power.

A soft reset is called that because it uses software to perform the reboot. A hard reset is called that because you used the hardware to physically pull the battery out.

There's also some issues that will only get fixed by pulling the battery, the 3 key combo or an app won't fix everything.
    Thanks for that info. Reading it the way you put it makes great sense. I will remember that when my Torch starts acting up beyond a soft reset.
    06-29-11 05:27 PM
    I like to let my blackberry thumb do all the work

06-29-11 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD