UrbanGlowCam and NobleSix like this.
    07-25-11 10:56 PM
    View compatible BlackBerry smartphones:
    BlackBerry� Bold™ 9900 smartphone
    BlackBerry� Bold™ 9930 smartphone
    BlackBerry� Torch™ 9810 smartphone
    BlackBerry� Torch™ 9850 smartphone
    BlackBerry� Torch™ 9860 smartphone
    ^ That's what it says, for everyone who doesn't want to click.
    07-25-11 10:57 PM
    Great find! Probably the most official thing relating to it we've seen. RIP Storm. Thanks California.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 11:03 PM
    GREAT find.. wow. such little details - first somebody spotted the 9930 in a verizon video on their website and now this.

Tomorrow's announcement will probably dispel all the rumors of what devices will be called and hopefully which carriers will be getting what - RIM probably got tired of seeing silly "monza" and "bellagio" thrown around on the interwebz!
    07-25-11 11:44 PM
    So RIM could not come up with a new name? Four different devices named torch. This will confuse consumers. The average consumer will walk into an AT&T store and ask to see the torch. They now have 3 choices. They will not ask the AT&t rep for an 9810. People remember names not model numbers like crackberry readers.At least the storm series had storm 2 behind it to make it different!
    Last edited by kbeard26; 07-26-11 at 12:46 AM.
    07-26-11 12:42 AM
    To people like us, we know which phone is which. To people who walk into the store and do not know what they want or is available, they are at the mercy of the Carrier rep. The name of the phone is not really going to matter.

God help them!
    07-26-11 06:16 AM
    can any one tell me what is the maximum memory expantion of micro sd available for Blackberry 8100 pearl

Thank You
    07-26-11 08:39 AM
    To people like us, we know which phone is which. To people who walk into the store and do not know what they want or is available, they are at the mercy of the Carrier rep. The name of the phone is not really going to matter.

God help them!
    And if the rest of the reps are like the Verizon reps I've dealt with, it's all Droid, all the time.
    07-26-11 08:44 AM
    Come on people.. Someone that wants a blackberry torch is going to go to the store and say I want a torch... Then they will be given two options Torch with the slider, or torch will a full touch screen and chose from there.

When people go in and ask for an iphone they know if they want the 4 or the 3gs.. They are both iphones but they look and feel different.
    07-26-11 10:47 AM
    I think applying the torch name was a mistake.... rim should leave that for sliders. Is creativity so dead at rim they cannot come up with a new name even?

07-26-11 12:20 PM
    And if the rest of the reps are like the Verizon reps I've dealt with, it's all Droid, all the time.
    The reps sell what they have in stock. When they have new Balckberrys, they will suggest Blackberry. Right now Droid is burning it up so that is what they sell.

Hard to push a device you do not have.
    07-26-11 01:01 PM
    The reps sell what they have in stock. When they have new Balckberrys, they will suggest Blackberry. Right now Droid is burning it up so that is what they sell.

Hard to push a device you do not have.
    The Vzw rep I dealt with had all BBs in stock that Vzw carries but still tried to shove Droid down my throat.
    07-26-11 01:25 PM
    The Vzw rep I dealt with had all BBs in stock that Vzw carries but still tried to shove Droid down my throat.
    These reps have no idea that you even know what you are looking for, most people do not know. They pushed what ever their manager wants them to sell. Verizon, just like AT&T makes more money on a $30 smartphone plan than they do a $30 BIS plan as they got to share that $30 with RIM.
    07-26-11 01:31 PM
    I think applying the torch name was a mistake.... rim should leave that for sliders. Is creativity so dead at rim they cannot come up with a new name even?

I agree with this. I actually think they should have kept the Storm name. so the first two devices were somewhat of a failure. This next one is supposed to be amazing (at least according to certain people on this site). The name would be fine as long as the device worked properly.

That said, they should have just gone with a different name completely. I bet the kept the name because it has the typical blackberry buttons AND a trackpad. I feel its the trackpad that puts it in the Torch category of touchscreen devices
    07-26-11 02:21 PM
    Awesomeness. I like the fawx leather cover

07-26-11 03:36 PM
    I personally would have gone with Monaco.
    But hey, at this point all I want is to see this device in my hands.
    Good Luck
    07-26-11 08:00 PM
    I don't have a problem with the Torch name. Whats the big deal anyway... its just a name... just call it a 9860 if that makes people feel better.
    Now release the thing already so I can go out an buy it!
    07-26-11 10:39 PM
    I haven't been following very long, but was there a time when there were rumours of this device being called the Blackberry Volt? This article mentions the name a couple times...

Press shots of Blackberry Touch/Volt and Torch 2 leaked - *

EDIT: Just finished search the CB forums, it seems this was a rumoured name a couple months ago... what happened to this? Did RIM dismiss these rumours? I kinda like the name Blackberry Volt... sounds cool. (Then again, so does Storm...)
    Last edited by 01itr; 07-27-11 at 08:07 AM.
    07-27-11 08:03 AM
    Porsche always use 911 moniker over and over and it still sell..so maybe torch lineup consist of a slab, slider, and flip. using 4 numbers are too difficult.
    I remember saab changing from 900 to 9_3 and so on. So torch 93, 91, so on..

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 09:55 AM
    Porsche always use 911 moniker over and over and it still sell..so maybe torch lineup consist of a slab, slider, and flip. using 4 numbers are too difficult.
    I remember saab changing from 900 to 9_3 and so on. So torch 93, 91, so on..

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    And I think these are going to be the last xxxx phones anyways. I don't think they are going to keep the same naming system with the QNX phones. You never know though... maybe they will go the other way down to 0000? Or switch to 3 numbers kind of like nVidia and their graphics cards...
    07-27-11 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD