New user here... I would like to know if there is a copy and paste function on the BB. It would come in very handy but I have not discovered it yet if it is there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 05:45 AM
    Yes there is. Bb button>select>highlight the text you want>bb button>cut or copy
    To paste, bb button>paste

12-03-10 05:52 AM
    or specific text copying - Copy is now called "Select". Hit the BB key and choose from menu.. You can use track pad or your finger to highlight the text you want.

12-03-10 05:57 AM
    It can also be done without menus:

Cut highlighted text

Press the Left Shift key or Right Shift key and the Backspace/Delete key.

Copy highlighted text

Press the Alt key and click the trackpad.

Paste text

Press the Left Shift key or Right Shift key and click the trackpad.
    farmurr likes this.
    12-03-10 06:26 AM
    Double fingering the screen also alows copy/paste function.

Put 2 fingers on the screen, brings up 2 little boxes to move where you want to highlight what you want copied, then BB button > copy, navigate to where you want to paste, BB button > paste.
    12-03-10 06:53 AM
    Is there a way to copy meeting info from a yahoo email to the calendar? I get the text copied but then cannot find the paste option, so I wonder if that is because it didn't copy or, it doesn't work in cal

Thanks
    12-03-10 12:20 PM
    Are you sure you're actually copying the text? When dealing with emails you need to first hit the BB button and choose "select" before you can highlight and copy text.
    12-03-10 02:07 PM
    Thanks, I played with it and found that it works if I hit select and then paste. I did it when I first got the phone and it was much easier then. Since the "upgrade" of the OS some things seem more difficult.
    12-04-10 07:57 AM
    You can also just hold the screen for about 2 seconds and the sub screen will pop up and you can select and copy from there ........just thought I'd add that .

12-04-10 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD