I have a BB torch 9800 and wish to convert address book/contacts from Palm desktop by access version 6.2.2 to my torch. Can anyone give me step by step process of the easiest way to do this? Thanks!!
    01-11-11 09:58 AM
    I have a BB torch 9800 and wish to convert address book/contacts from Palm desktop by access version 6.2.2 to my torch. Can anyone give me step by step process of the easiest way to do this? Thanks!!
    I ran into the same issue when I first got my BlackBerry about 2 years ago. What I ended up doing was:
    1. I created a Google email account, and synchronized my address book/contacts and my calendar items between Google and the Palm Desktop. IIRC, it was pretty straightforward and there was a helper app in Google that would allow you to import this information. Also, I believe there might be an IntelliSync application (the component protocol that allows you to sync your Palm) which does this, too.

2. Then, once everything was imported into Google, I then sync'd my Google calendar and contacts with my BlackBerry into Outlook. This feature is now built-in....ie: the ability to sync your gmail account in realtime with your BlackBerry so once you've setup your Gmail account with your BlackBerry the information should automatically be sync'd over the Internet.
    01-11-11 11:59 AM
    Just sync your palm to Outlook as far as contacts and calendar entries. You can even sync to the windows calendar (I think there is a windows calendar) and address book. After that sync your berry to those - done. Be sure to add an email account to your BB first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 06:07 PM
    Just sync your palm to Outlook as far as contacts and calendar entries. You can even sync to the windows calendar (I think there is a windows calendar) and address book. After that sync your berry to those - done. Be sure to add an email account to your BB first.

I don't remember the OP metioning that they're using Outlook. If they are, that's a fairly obvious workaround. I'm not sure that the Palm Desktop syncs with Windows Mail?
    01-11-11 06:13 PM
    Pretty sure it does or at least could export to files outlook or windows can read.

01-11-11 07:37 PM
    Pretty sure it does or at least could export to files outlook or windows can read.

Maybe. I *do* remember going through the whole rigamarole myself, btw, and the worst thing was that the obvious things like exporting the data from the Palm Desktop into a format that was readable by other PIM applications was frustratingly absent.

Guess we'll wait for the OP to chime in and let us know what's up.
    01-11-11 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD