Hi all

I'm currently setting up a Torch for one of our user

When he goes to Compose Email and starts entering the contact name (by typing the letter L for example), instead of showing the contacts starting with L, the device shows all the contacts containing the letter L starting from A and working up alphabetically. As he types more letters, the results shrink obviously.

Put in another way: Let's say he's looking for Liam, as he's keying in "LI", the devices shows Ali, Clinton, Delilah, Emilie and finally... Liam, in the same fashion as Windows 7 or Vista Search function. I don't want this! We tried any input options (Predictive, Direct, etc.) and are probably missing something obvious (or not so!) here.

On his previous Bold, when he typed L, everything starting from A to K just disappeared like it should be.

Everything is pushed overBES and the carrier is Rogers if it can help. A battery pull and complete scrub didn't solve anything.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RideauHelp; 10-14-10 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Sorry, I should have written A to K
    10-14-10 11:53 PM
    I can only tell you that mine doesn't do that. The filter only matches what I type with the beginning of words. No matches in the middle of a name, like your examples, show up. I don't use BES and I'm on 6.0.0.246 (I think that's what Rogers released with), on AT&T. I don't see any options to control this behavior. Weird.
    10-15-10 12:17 AM
    When he goes to Compose Email and starts entering the contact name (by typing the letter L for example), instead of showing the contacts starting with L, the device shows all the contacts containing the letter L starting from A and working up alphabetically. As he types more letters, the results shrink obviously.
    Mine does the same, I just checked. It tries to show first the names starting with that letter (not always succeeds for some reasons), and after it lists all the names containing that letter.
    10-15-10 01:18 AM
    Hi:

I have the problem also. I'm with AT&T.

Has anyone found a solution? Is there a solution?

Thanks.
    B1
    12-18-10 09:14 AM
    Are you sorting contacts by last name? By default they are sorted by first name. When I type H it sorts forst by all that start with the letter H then those that contain the letter H. BIS and BES. 337 hybrid and 246 respectively.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 09:38 AM
    Which OS do you have?? I have 6.0.0.337 and mine doesn't do that...
    12-18-10 10:01 AM
    Which OS do you have?? I have 6.0.0.337 and mine doesn't do that...
    Who was this question too? I noted my OS loads per device. BTW mine were all local lookups note remote for BES.

12-18-10 10:09 AM
    i know its not as such an answer to that particular situation, but i normally jus start typin using universal search, then hold me finger on the contact and `compose email`. i personally find that the fastest way for most actions on the torch tbh
    12-18-10 10:15 AM
    Yep, new school vs old school but that would not work for a remote lookup on BES. That should work fine for anything local.

12-18-10 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD