I have just upgraded my phone from Curve 8900 to Torch and I would like to know if there is any way which I can copy all my contacts from either one of the phones to the SIM CARD, apart from copying one by one, I would like to copy all at once..
    11-06-10 12:56 PM
    Use BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6 and click Device -> Switch Devices and it will copy everything in one fell swoop

The SIM Card is very limited as to what content it can store. You can always back up ALL of your BlackBerry info using the "Back Up Now" feature in Desktop Manager 6
    Last edited by bbicons; 11-06-10 at 01:02 PM. Reason: updated content
    11-06-10 01:00 PM
    There's no way I've found to copy mass contacts to sim. Sucks too. Even though Sims are limited, I still like keeping all my contacts on there. Even if I do need 5 entries for John Doe and his home, office, cell, work cell, pager, etc.
    11-06-10 01:43 PM
    Kind of hard to keep clients emails on the SIM since it is impossible.
    11-06-10 01:48 PM
    Kind of hard to keep clients emails on the SIM since it is impossible.
    Some of the older devices that would write to sim could actually save 1 contact number and 1 email address for up to 250 contacts i believe. That was the maximum the sim card would allow. However, I do agree regarding saving the emails to sim via blackberry.
    11-06-10 01:56 PM
    Anyone else find any way to do this. Just asking since nothing has been written in this post for over a month.

I have all my contacts on my phone and would like it copied to my sim in case of emergency and need to switch phones.

Thanks
    12-22-10 12:13 PM
    The only way to copy the contact info from the phone to the SIM card is one at a time. That hasn't changed since the question was first asked.
    12-22-10 12:29 PM
    Yes do not use the SIM card. Take a backup via DM and then do a selective restore to your new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD