I have tried to organize my contact list multiple times by going to options and selecting organize by "last name" but it won't change. I've tried to reboot - it's frustrating... HELP!
    10-14-10 12:23 AM
    It organizes your contact list to be alphabetical by last name, not to display the last names. If you imported your contacts, go through every contact and make sure their last name is on the Last Name line, so that it actually arranges it for you. If both first and last name are under one line, it won't organize it for you (seeing as how there would be no last name for any of the entries).
    10-14-10 01:22 AM
    It organizes your contact list to be alphabetical by last name, not to display the last names. If you imported your contacts, go through every contact and make sure their last name is on the Last Name line, so that it actually arranges it for you. If both first and last name are under one line, it won't organize it for you (seeing as how there would be no last name for any of the entries).
    This. I pretty much had to do the exact same thing after importing them.
    10-14-10 01:40 AM
    I imported my contacts from my old Pearl. They are displayed with their last names in the "last name" slot and first names in the "first name" slot. I have checked all the fairly obvious stuff. It seems like my options selection "last name" is being over-ridden in some other screen or something... There are probably multiple places within the operating system to change this option and I'm not in the right one. HELP!!!
    10-14-10 03:19 PM
    I imported my contacts from my old Pearl. They are displayed with their last names in the "last name" slot and first names in the "first name" slot. I have checked all the fairly obvious stuff. It seems like my options selection "last name" is being over-ridden in some other screen or something... There are probably multiple places within the operating system to change this option and I'm not in the right one. HELP!!!
    I had the same problem. Try to arrange by company first and than arrange by last name - worked for me
    10-15-10 12:36 AM
    I can't believe I didn't try that! Thanks.
    10-15-10 12:47 PM
    I had the same problem. Try to arrange by company first and than arrange by last name - worked for me
    I had the same issue, and this worked for me as well.
    10-15-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD