I just got my Torch today...so I apologize in advance if this is something really simple that I'm missing. I've done a search but haven't found anything that answered my question.

I had an 8330 curve and I backed it up today and restored the info onto my Torch. It didn't seem to copy my address book. On the torch, all my contacts are connected to one of my email addresses. Is there a way to just have a phone list? I have people whose email addresses are added because they were in my email contacts, but if I were to search for them with the universal search their phone number is no where to be found. I know I can add people to the sim contacts, but that only holds a name and one phone number.

I've even gone back and specifically selected my old address book to be restored using the desktop software, but still I have no phone numbers. All my saved texts show phone numbers...but no names, so I know my Torch doesn't recognize them as a contact.

Is there a step that I'm missing to restore my phone numbers? And do contacts have to be associated with an email address? Is there a way to have a non-email contact list?

Thanks in advance.
    10-13-10 09:08 PM
    I had the same problem and never got an answer here, so I just added each contact one at a time. Very frustrating.

Now, I have this problem, http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/co...o-away-538685/ and again...no answer.
    Last edited by laollis; 10-13-10 at 10:28 PM. Reason: had to add
    10-13-10 10:25 PM
    I'm also having problems adding new contacts to my address book. I'm also having problems editing contact information and deleting contacts from my address book.
    11-27-10 01:18 PM
    I don't have a Torch yet (I am getting one in January when I am eligible for an upgrade) but I was thinking that if you use Outlook couldn't you just us the BB Desktop software to sync your contacts with your phone? That's I am going to try if I run into this problem when adding contacts.
    11-27-10 02:39 PM
    I sync my contacts with gmail and it works well. Phone numbers that I have in contacts are uploaded to gmail and my gmail contacts are downloaded to my phone. While you may have to do it by hand once you get it done you should never have to do it again.
    robgeo973 likes this.
    11-27-10 02:44 PM
    I just managed to fix it on mine. First I went into the options in Contacts and turned off wireless syncronization under my email. Then I made a backup file from my old Tour (just the contacts) and saved it on my computer. Then I plugged in my Torch and deleted all contacts and restored the contacts from the file.

Now I just have the regular 83 phone contacts without the 400 email addresses I had in my hotmail address book. Hopefully it doesn't randomly bring them all back to me some day.
    12-01-10 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD