I'm considering getting the 9800. Right now I have the 9700 thru T-MO but I've upgraded it to the OS6 leak and I'm tired of the small screen. I've had Android before (ehhhh) and I've had an iPHone and its fun, but I like to be able to make some money with my phone and do business, not play games.

My question is; Is the 9800 worth it? Does it function like the 9700 but with a faster processor and touch screen?

Thanks in advance for you're answer.
    11-22-10 12:40 PM
    From what I've been reading, its mixed reviews. Of people coming from the 9700, some hate the torch some love it, while others have gone back to their 9700 or upgrade to the 9780.

Go to a store and check one out, easiest way to see if it is right or you for not.
    11-22-10 12:50 PM
    Having made the same transition I might be able to provide some insight just bear
    in mind these are my experiences and yours may not be the same.

All of the ******** and moaning about the Torch is mostly group hysteria IMHO. It is a fine
    device. Granted the physical keyboard will take a day or so to get used to, the
    virtual keyboard is OK in landscape but almost unusable in portrait and the battery
    life is nowhere near that of the 9700.

Where it excels is the screen, obviously. I dread having to use a smaller screen
    now. The speed is appreciably faster, sound and call quality are on par to the 9700
    if not better (better IMO), and OS 6 is much more responsive and intuitive on
    the 9800.

I have no "wobbles", "wiggles", tinny sounds or any of the other things people
    complain about. My only real knock against the 9800 is the battery life but in all
    honesty, with a bigger screen that employs touch it should be less than a
    non-touch device.

Try to get to a store and spend some time handling one to get a feel for the
    device before making a decision.
    11-22-10 01:05 PM
    I appreciate the feedback. I have played with it and I'd have to agree that the soft keys are a bit different. Is there anyway to make the phone vibrate or click when you use the soft keys? I haven't had a chance to check all those options when I've played with it.
    11-22-10 01:31 PM
    I don't believe so. There may be a 3rd party app to accomplish that but I never
    really looked for one.
    11-22-10 02:01 PM
    I also now live in Atlanta and Tmobile service is garbage. Is AT&T better there? Does anyone know? Their service map says yes but you can't always trust that.
    11-22-10 02:09 PM
    Having made the same transition I might be able to provide some insight just bear
    in mind these are my experiences and yours may not be the same.

All of the ******** and moaning about the Torch is mostly group hysteria IMHO. It is a fine
    device. Granted the physical keyboard will take a day or so to get used to, the
    virtual keyboard is OK in landscape but almost unusable in portrait and the battery
    life is nowhere near that of the 9700.

Where it excels is the screen, obviously. I dread having to use a smaller screen
    now. The speed is appreciably faster, sound and call quality are on par to the 9700
    if not better (better IMO), and OS 6 is much more responsive and intuitive on
    the 9800.

I have no "wobbles", "wiggles", tinny sounds or any of the other things people
    complain about. My only real knock against the 9800 is the battery life but in all
    honesty, with a bigger screen that employs touch it should be less than a
    non-touch device.

Try to get to a store and spend some time handling one to get a feel for the
    device before making a decision.
    I agree, however I moved from an 8900, that was the best BB i ever had. Took some getting use to because of the weigh difference. Definetly the keyboard will take a few days of getting use to.

I hardly use the phone in landscape, typing portrait mode is just fine for me.

I have yet to have any major glitches and am happy with the loading time. I went from 4 something mins (8900) to under 2 mins. The speed is incredible and fast.

my 0.02
    11-22-10 03:43 PM
    Its totally a preference thing. I got a Torch but I do still prefer the form factor and feel of the 9700. I'm hoping the 9780 comes out in the next couple weeks so I can just go exchange my Torch for it. Otherwise I may just keep it and switch back and forth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 04:04 PM
    i have the Torch since Aug 12.. coming from the Bold 9000 the hardest adjustment was with the keyboards.. after 3 days.. i got used to it..

i still have my Bold 9000 but i find it Harder going back to a smaller and a non touch screen..
    there are times when i'm using my Bold 9000 that i tend to touch the screen.. only to realize it's NOT.

the Biggest advantage of the Torch compared to the bold 9700 is the screen.
    browsing the web, reading email and even the facebook App will SHOW you more real state..

hope that helps!
    11-22-10 04:52 PM
    I believe that the processor is the same but with OS6, I think it is faster. The touchscreen, trackpad and keyboard make for a more productive and enjoyable experience versus a 9700 which I have owned. All the things like pinch to zoom, double tap and swipe in the browser and messaging are better on the Torch. The menus are more intuitive and organized making more customization and control possible with the Torch.
    11-22-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD