Hi all,

I have a Blackberry Torch 9860, and this problem came up the other day.
    When I look in the wi-if settings, it says I'm connected to my home network. But if I try to get onto the browser (or any other internet reliant services) it says "Unable to connect to internet, please try again later. If problem persists, contact your service provider. However, all these things work if I switch the phone to cellular mode.

I've tried everything. At first, I looked at the network details and there was no IP address. It just said 0.0.0.0. I then put in the IP address, along with the subnet mask and primary DNS. But it still didn't work. I know it's not the router that's the problem, because the rest of my family are connected on their devices. I have also tried to connect to another saved network, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?
    shine1stang likes this.
    03-05-14 11:50 AM
    I have a Blackberry Torch 9860, and this problem came up the other day.
    When I look in the wi-if settings, it says I'm connected to my home network. But if I try to get onto the browser (or any other internet reliant services) it says "Unable to connect to internet, please try again later. If problem persists, contact your service provider. However, all these things work if I switch the phone to cellular mode.

I've tried everything. At first, I looked at the network details and there was no IP address. It just said 0.0.0.0. I then put in the IP address, along with the subnet mask and primary DNS. But it still didn't work. I know it's not the router that's the problem, because the rest of my family are connected on their devices. I have also tried to connect to another saved network, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

There was an issue that cropped-up recently that affected BB10 devices in a similiar way. It turned out that the OS relies on retrieving something from the Blackberry network infrastructure in Canada to determine link state, and there were network problems at Blackberry that impacted this.

That was fixed within a couple of days, but some people are still seeing intermittent issues.

Perhaps it also affects legacy OS devices. Here's the discussion on it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/
    neilwhite likes this.
    03-05-14 02:29 PM
    Happened to me too. Try this. Open browser, open menu, click on options, scroll down, clear everything at the bottom (except passwords if you want to retain them), restart.
    03-12-14 02:10 PM
    That was fixed within a couple of days, but some people are still seeing intermittent issues.
    03-13-14 08:27 AM