OK - this seems odd...

When I compose a new email from one of my POP3 accounts, I :
    (1) click the email icon of the account I wish to use;
    (2) click the "compose email" icon in the lower left corner of the screen

at this point the cursor is sitting at the "To:" location of the address field.

So far so good.

(3) I then click the track pad while the cursor is on the "To:" field which pulls up a little floating pop-up menu screen

The options on that pop-up screen are (left to right):
    * Switch application
    * Save draft, or
    * Full menu

So where is the "Choose Contact" option?!?!?!?

Conversely, when I compose a new Text message, "Choose Contact" is the middle option on the pop-up menu. You simply select it and it pulls open your address book and you scroll to select.

Are you guys seeing a different menu?

Why would it function differently than composing a text message - you conceivably need the address book for both?

The Address book is not even an option under ""Full menu" when composing a pop3 email.
    09-25-10 10:57 PM
    So where is the "Choose Contact" option?!?!?!?
    When the cursor is in the "To:" field just start typing - it will start matching the name you type agains names in the address book and you can pick the name that matches - or just type an email address if none of the matching names are the ones you want.
    09-25-10 11:10 PM
    When the cursor is in the "To:" field just start typing - it will start matching the name you type agains names in the address book and you can pick the name that matches - or just type an email address if none of the matching names are the ones you want.
    Thanks JR - yes, that is what I've been doing. It just seemed peculiar to me that the functionality (menus) are different when composing a text message vs an email message.

With addressing the recipient(s) of a text msg, it is really slick to be able to use only scrolling and clicking (without having to use the keyboard or touch screen). But when addressing an email, one cannot choose a recipient without typing (at least part of) the recipient's name.

Not a huge deal, but with the former, addressing is fast and can all be accomplished exclusively with the thumb. With the latter, it requires typing.

Eventually (of course) with a message(of any flavor) one must eventually start typing, but I liked the speed with which an addressee could be pulled up with the Texting menu scheme.
    09-26-10 12:54 AM
    It just seemed peculiar to me that the functionality (menus) are different when composing a text message vs an email message.
    It is peculiar and probably no sound reason for them being different. It would have been easy to add the "Choose Contact" item to the email composing menu like it is in the text message composing menu; or to have it missing from both.

Perhaps at some point RIM will get these two menus consistent. Perhaps some day pigs will fly also.
    09-26-10 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD