Yes there will be things that you like about the Torch and there will be things you miss about the iPhone 4. If you do alot of web browsing the iPhone beats the BB hands down especially with Atomic Browser in the app store. Best browser I have used. Yes there are times I miss the keyboard and BBM etc but would be very hard for me to go back right now. Have fun though.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-12-10 07:40 AM
    Yes there will be things that you like about the Torch and there will be things you miss about the iPhone 4. If you do alot of web browsing the iPhone beats the BB hands down especially with Atomic Browser in the app store. Best browser I have used. Yes there are times I miss the keyboard and BBM etc but would be very hard for me to go back right now. Have fun though.
    IMO, VanillaSurf is the best 3rd party iPhone browser; Safari is #1 though.

Back on topic... Both are good devices. What I notice with the iPhone is that half of the people I see either have too much time on their hands and are always doing something on it, while the other half don't really have a lot of free time to mess around with it the way you would expect someone with a device that has the capabilities that the iPhone has. A lot of Apple aficionados buy the newest Apple product just to say they have the new iPhone.

With a BlackBerry (Torch specifically), my understanding is that most of the users put their actual needs and what they want to do as the top priority. They, (including myself) would like to watch videos occasionally, listen to music, surf lightly when needed etc etc. When I had an iPhone, I found myself pulling it out and holding it in my hands just so people would know I had one. "Look at me, I have a shiny new iPhone and you don't. Ha, lousy peasant." I quickly realized what I was turning into; the d-bags I often complained about, sometimes on CB.

The biggest problem people need to realize is that one companies highest-spec device may not be anywhere near that of another manufacturer. Just like cars. This results in more and more "Is the ____ an iPhone killer?" articles, videos and forum threads. Why people believe the newest iPhone is the tool for which all devices should be measured is beyond me. It's like comparing apples to blackberries (see what I just did there? ).
    Krobix likes this.
    12-12-10 04:25 PM
    For me, the browser on the Torch beats the iPhone. Speed is only one factor (though the iPhone wins at it), and on an iPhone I have to scroll around a lot on full websites to read, whereas on the Torch I could just zoom in and it would wrap the text so that I could easily read it. Also I couldn't click links very well on the iPhone, whereas I could on the Torch. Finally, it took me about twice as long to type out web addresses on the iPhone's virtual keyboard than on the Torch's physical keyboard.

The iPhone (4) wins at speed of browser, but once the page is loaded the Torch is about 5x better (in my experience)
    Krobix likes this.
    12-12-10 04:55 PM
    Ok great! Its good to know I'm not the only one to do that ツ
    Hello everyone here at CB. I am getting my brand new Torch today. I am actually trading my iPhone 4 for the Torch. Have always wanted to get a BB but just never have. After having an iPhone 3G, iphone 3Gs, and now the iPhone 4, i am just bored with it. Ima texter, emailer, web browser,.

I think im making the right choice. Cant wait to finally get me a nice BB.
    o

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 05:05 PM
    I cannot wait to get the Torch - I'll be getting it on the 25th - I'm making the switch from the original iPhone and iPhone 3GS and I cannot wait to get my first BB and the Torch.

I'm glad the OP is enjoying it so far, I've played with a friends for a good amount and the phone has won me over..

Just my .02 cents, I know the Torch will be one of many BB's for me.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-12-10 05:18 PM
    Hello everyone here at CB. I am getting my brand new Torch today. I am actually trading my iPhone 4 for the Torch. Have always wanted to get a BB but just never have. After having an iPhone 3G, iphone 3Gs, and now the iPhone 4, i am just bored with it. Ima texter, emailer, web browser,.

Welcome to the Blackberry Family.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-12-10 10:55 PM
    Ok here we go, another update/comparison.

After a good days worth of playing and using the phone I have some great experiences. First off, I know the Torch has a slower processor but it feels quicker than the iPhone. I mean it just zips around to whatever i need it to do. The Torch right out of the box offers so much more than iPhone, Instant messenger app loaded right on the phone, without the need for searching the store for one. Allows custom ringtones and mms tones right there.

The iPhone just now got preloaded mms tones with the latest software update, still cant make your own tones without buying an App..that is so bad for such an expensive phone. Much better email sync than the iPhone. Not to mention im not forced to use just iTunes on the Torch, where as without iTunes the iPhone isnt worth a damn.

The camera takes good pictures but yes this is where the iPhone is best. If i was a photographer i guess it might matter, but since im a Police Officer i dont have time to go around taking snap shots and showing off my skills lol. I have to work not play. I have really come to the conclusion, that the iPhone is really just an expensive toy. The BB is for the working type and those that actually want a Phone, not something that can just make phone call if you have to.

Thats all from me for now, will update more later. Thanks for the replies.
    12-13-10 06:49 AM
    I did the same thing. ip4 is a sweet app downloading, clear screen having device. I Don't really put it in the smart phone category but more like the "cool" device category.

Now my Torch! That's a smart phone messaging, email, security, customization, qwerty keyboard and with a nice flair to it.... I like what Rim is doing here.

Waiting a little bit here but may just trade my ip4 for a sweet snowblower on craigslist.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-13-10 08:12 AM
    My husband is a big time iPhone 4 fan, but even he had to comment on his impressive the browsing was and the speed of the e-mails on the Torch. Love it.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-13-10 10:46 AM
    I have both phones. Overall i like the iphone better. Texting is always good on the blackberry.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-13-10 08:09 PM
    If on Verizon I would have gotten a Torch over the Droid X. The grass is not greener on the other side unless you ask my son and he may say something about Angry Birds
    Krobix likes this.
    12-14-10 03:01 AM

I was gifted iPhone last Christmas by my sister and I am really great full for this but as i am a business person and i have to mail every day and though iphone was touch screen i was not comfortable to type a mail on touch screen so I found such business phones and finally I got Blackberry Torch. is the best Business phone so Now i am on BB torch and really i found BBM is the best to connect with client. Good job BB.
    Last edited by Robert_27; 12-14-10 at 03:40 AM.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-14-10 03:19 AM
    My wife is mad as **** at me but she will get over it. Ill sway her to the darkside eventually, its only a matter if time .
    My wife stayed with her iPhone too. They just don't understand :-)

Krobix likes this.
    12-14-10 06:07 AM
    If on Verizon I would have gotten a Torch over the Droid X. The grass is not greener on the other side unless you ask my son and he may say something about Angry Birds
    I went to a Verizon store to check out the Droid X when I was considering the Torch and am happy with my decision to go Torch.

If I want to play Angry Birds, I have my retired iPhone 3G in a desk drawer somewhere. hehe
    12-14-10 11:17 AM
    My wife stayed with her iPhone too. They just don't understand :-)

Hey, our household is the same way. The iPhone vs BBerry war has been going on for a while now. haha
    12-14-10 11:19 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD