Hello everyone here at CB. I am getting my brand new Torch today. I am actually trading my iPhone 4 for the Torch. Have always wanted to get a BB but just never have. After having an iPhone 3G, iphone 3Gs, and now the iPhone 4, i am just bored with it. Ima texter, emailer, web browser,.

I think im making the right choice. Cant wait to finally get me a nice BB.
    12-11-10 08:22 AM
    I imagine you'll find the Torch is a much better device for the texting and e-mailing. The buttons and/or shortcuts are so intuitive and makes getting you message sent very simple and quick. Enjoy.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 08:24 AM
    I think you'll love the Torch compared to the iPhone. I love the full keyboard way more then the onscreen keyboard. Overall, i just find the torch better then any phone of my friends I've tried, which is basically every type of phone. Hope you enjoy and love your Torch as much as I do.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 08:35 AM
    I switched over from my jailbroken iPhone 3G and I didn't realize how much I missed the hardware keyboard until I got my hands on the Torch.
    It just feels right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 09:13 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you. Had every iPhone since the original one and made the switch from the iPhone 4 to the Torch and I couldn't be happier! The physical keyboard is nothing short of incredible. Web browsing is also extremely enjoyable and on par with the iPhone's browsing experience. My only gripe is watching YouTube videos but that's not a deciding factor, for me at least, in choosing a phone. Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the phone. Cheers mate!

Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 09:14 AM
    Welcome!!! You are going to love your Torch. I've had mine for a week (got it @ Best Buy for $49.99) and it's been a great acquisition. Had a Bold 9000 for almost a year and half and at the end was great just that the batteries could not keep up with the apps and my work load. Hope that's not the case with the Torch.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 09:17 AM
    I got my BB Torch this past week and really like it. Like it was posted earlier, I am a big fan of the qwerty keyboardbut I am liking the touch screen. This is one of the best Blackberry phones IMHO.

Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 09:34 AM
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I have a feeling im going to be spending alot of time here.
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    12-11-10 02:30 PM
    you'll enjoy it but i think you'll miss the iphone 4 screen...retina display is really nice. wish the torch had that
    Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 03:39 PM
    Web browsing is also extremely enjoyable and on par with the iPhone's browsing experience.
    I find that the Torch web browsing experience is far superior to the iPhone, simply because of the track pad cursor.
    Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 03:58 PM
    I think you will love your new Torch! You might find a few things strange. I used a friends iPhone 4 for about a week...and I thought I would really hate it, but there were some things I liked compared to my Torch.

First off, the iPhone 4 felt extremely solid. My main problem with the Torch is that the sliding mechanism for me just doesnt feel solid. (Also keep in mind I am one of the pickiest people when it comes to these type of things..I notice everything that potentially "feels weird" and make a problem of it) The iPhone for me just had no parts that squeak or move or anything, and it felt good to hold. However, when it came down to real life use...like trying to reply to a lengthy email on my iPhone, I actually wanted to go mad! 90% of the time I found myself going back to fix typing errors.

I am sure that would have been better if I wouldve stuck it out and just learned how to type on it...but thank god for the slide out keyboard on the Torch it made all the difference for me. In the long run, I just felt the iPhone was a toy, yes, for someone like me who is a frequent traveller there were some great apps and things that were cool, but I couldnt do basic things like look over PowerPoints, edit spreadsheets, and reply to emails in a timely manner!

I am sure you and your Torch will have a great time together! Enjoy!
    Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 04:09 PM
    Congrats on getting your Torch
    Krobix likes this.
    12-11-10 04:15 PM
    Yep I with everyone else. love the Torch, I'm sure you will to.
    12-11-10 05:07 PM
    Congratulations on your torch . Welcome to crackberry and if you have questions please check thr forums. There is always someone here that can help

12-11-10 06:29 PM
    You will love it i had one then went to the Captivate and well iam back..lol..Its a great phone...Plus you look good holding one...lol...
    12-11-10 06:46 PM
    Congrats on your new Torch...! enjoy...with your vast experience on the other phones your contribution on how each one functions will be greatly appreciated by a wide audience....... Please share how you like the phone after a month or so..... So far I'm enjoying mine and the RED stands out....... Good Luck.....
    12-11-10 07:04 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I have a feeling im going to be spending alot of time here.
    I agree.. you probably will be. Since I've gotten my BB, I've been on these forums everyday. They help a lot and it's nice when you can help people too.
    12-11-10 08:57 PM
    I find that the Torch web browsing experience is far superior to the iPhone, simply because of the track pad cursor.
    +1 The Torch track pad is phenominal imo. I've got a trackpad on my HTC DZ as well..and there is absolutely no comparison between the two. I barely use the trackpad on the DZ..but I ALWAYS used it on the Torch because it was so flawless.
    12-11-10 09:21 PM
    One negative thing I noted about android phone is that it significantly drains battery..I have a HTC Desire Z and a Torch and HTC can never last me through a day whereas Torch lasted me a day with some spare juice and both are set to do the same things according to my usage needs

12-11-10 10:21 PM
    I switched from Sony Ericsson to BB Torch and it feels like I've finally moved up to the Big Boy Table. Thus far it's doing everything its promised. I'm on this thing constantly trying to figure out the ends and out beyond the intuitive setup. I love my BB!
    12-11-10 10:40 PM
    Welcome!!! You are going to love your Torch. I've had mine for a week (got it @ Best Buy for $49.99) and it's been a great acquisition. Had a Bold 9000 for almost a year and half and at the end was great just that the batteries could not keep up with the apps and my work load. Hope that's not the case with the Torch.
    Go back to Best Buy and get your money back. They are now free and you have a 30 day price guarantee.
    12-12-10 01:41 AM
    To the OP: I have both Torch and the iPhone 4. I wouldnt trade the iPhone 4 but thats just me. I like having both. maybe consider adding a line and getting it free at Best Buy. Just a thought.
    12-12-10 01:44 AM
    To the OP: I have both Torch and the iPhone 4. I wouldnt trade the iPhone 4 but thats just me. I like having both. maybe consider adding a line and getting it free at Best Buy. Just a thought.
    I got both too. I'm the other way around. I had an opportunity to get the Iphone 4 for a only a 100 bucks, do the a cosmetic flaw ( large scratch on the back // I can't care less about it, I have a cover on it anyway) and it was a one time deal- take it or it's gone- so I couldn't pass it up. I don't think anyone would. But now I see the Torch is given away free with a contract at Best Buy, that's definitely a steal, since I paid 200 bucks for it when it came out, so anyone who wants to get a phone, you won't get a better deal really.
    12-12-10 01:55 AM
    I got both too. I'm the other way around. I had an opportunity to get the Iphone 4 for a only a 100 bucks, do the a cosmetic flaw ( large scratch on the back // I can't care less about it, I have a cover on it anyway) and it was a one time deal- take it or it's gone- so I couldn't pass it up. I don't think anyone would. But now I see the Torch is given away free with a contract at Best Buy, that's definitely a steal, since I paid 200 bucks for it when it came out, so anyone who wants to get a phone, you won't get a better deal really.
    Yeah it is a steal. I bought the white one yesterday at Best Buy and they are on sale until the 24th. I like having both phones and having the best of both worlds. With the value being higher on the i4, I would hate to see the OP trade it and maybe later regret it and cant find anybody to trade back.
    12-12-10 02:00 AM
    Thanks again guys for your positive responses. Well the deal is done. Traded the iPhone 4 for the Torch, and so far i dont regret it. The battery on this torch is beast. The phone operates very smoothly and i feel the phone is very quick. I know he got a good deal but **** i think i did too so in my eyes we both won because we both got what we wanted.

My wife is mad as **** at me but she will get over it. Ill sway her to the darkside eventually, its only a matter if time . Also to the biggest point that most people argue, the screen resolutions. I mean really its not that big of a deal, because im not gonna go around saying, hey man my phone has the "stunning" retina display, oh man look its so much more crispier than yours, and blah blah blah. I have better things to do..anyway will be back here soon after i wake up.

But so far my rating for the torch, A++.
    12-12-10 07:24 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD