Hey guys and gals. Few questions im hoping you can get my mouth watering

I had a Bold. Bloody loved it!!

Company gave me a curve - Hated it!!

Bought a Iphone 3gs which i have now. I like it but signal wise sucks making me want to get rid.

Now Vodafone UK are letting people upgrade 190 days early which rocks. And i notice the gorgeous looking Torch is on the list.

Now im not looking for bias reviews, im wanting some advise on if i should upgrade from my iPhone to the torch. Is it any better than the curve/bold ?

Its only 40.00 to upgrade but i will be stuck with it for 18 months.

Its a hard question to answer because its all on opinions, but im wanting to hear them!

What would you do ?

Would be amazing if anyone swapped there iphone for one of these!!

Thanks and much appreciated.
    10-19-10 12:11 PM
    I think since you're coming from an iPhone 3GS, you won't be missing out on the "better" screen as you would coming from the iPhone 4..if anything the screen should look even better. As well..not sure what iOS you were running, but i'm guessing the fluidity of the Torch should wet your lips so to speak. The combination of the Touchscreen, Trackpad, and Physical Keyboard are truly amazing, and make the phone a beast to accomplish things on. For instance, need to edit a spelling error 3 lines up in your email or text? Just tap the screen on the word, then use your trackpad to navigate right to the letter. It really does enhance the user experience.

I noticed in your other post that you mentioned you are quite picky..so a word of caution here. There have been a lot of people who have gotten solid builds and have zero complaints, but because it is a slider and therefore contains moving parts, there has been some issues with "wiggle/wobble" of the screen, both in the open position and the closed. I think this comes down to more of a quality control thing that RIM needs to address, but it also comes down to the fact that this phone is NOT a one piece phone, and therefore may develop a little play in it's parts over time. If you do get a phone that has some of these symptoms, it may bother you or not..depending on how bad it is and how bad your OCD is The good thing is as long as you have a return policy of some sort, these things are easy to swap out (generally) as long as you're within the allotted timeframe.

Best thing to do if you can is actually get your hands on one and test drive it. Most people that have actually gotten their hands on mine have proceeded to go and get one for themselves..cuz it is a dam sexy phone.
    10-19-10 12:58 PM
    If you loved the Bold, you will love the Torch and having an i3Gs, you may like the Torch more. It all boils down to your personal testing and evaluation if it meets your needs.
    10-19-10 01:04 PM
    get yourself asn ipod touch... and a REAL phone.. whether it's blackberry or a motorola razor..
    10-19-10 01:07 PM
    Hey there,

I switch a lot too, from BlackBerry to Blackberry though, as I always want to have the best and newest... Anyways, I think you'll be very happy if you go Torch. I loved my Bold 9700, it was PERFECT, minus the web browsing, and I didn't really do games on my BlackBerry, I HAD an iPod Touch for that... Then I got the Torch, because it was the new thing from RIM and I'll freely admit I'm a borderline fanboy. Anyways, after almost two months, the phone has changed me. I still have all the things I liked about BlackBerry (similar to what you wrote about: battery life, typing, emails, etc...) but now I have the complete device. I for the first time have games and music on my BlackBerry. I even ditched the iPod Touch when I plugged in my Torch to my MacBook to do a weekly backup and the computer asked if I'd like to import any itunes playlists, complete with songs I purchased though itunes... With that I had no need for two devices! But, don't take just my word for it, it could suck and I'd still love it...

I do admit I was hesitant about the switch but I have since given my Bold 9700 away to my sister who was using an old version Curve (still) and my iPod Touch has been relegated to staying in the gym bag, only for use during workouts (as that and when I'm giving flight instruction, are the only two times I am without my BlackBerry). So I really believe if you go with the Torch you will be happy, the UI looks similar in ways, but the OS is improved so much that I even said "Wow" at points... But like I said, don't take just my word for it!
    10-19-10 03:34 PM
    I think since you're coming from an iPhone 3GS, you won't be missing out on the "better" screen as you would coming from the iPhone 4..if anything the screen should look even better. As well..not sure what iOS you were running, but i'm guessing the fluidity of the Torch should wet your lips so to speak. The combination of the Touchscreen, Trackpad, and Physical Keyboard are truly amazing, and make the phone a beast to accomplish things on. For instance, need to edit a spelling error 3 lines up in your email or text? Just tap the screen on the word, then use your trackpad to navigate right to the letter. It really does enhance the user experience.

I noticed in your other post that you mentioned you are quite picky..so a word of caution here. There have been a lot of people who have gotten solid builds and have zero complaints, but because it is a slider and therefore contains moving parts, there has been some issues with "wiggle/wobble" of the screen, both in the open position and the closed. I think this comes down to more of a quality control thing that RIM needs to address, but it also comes down to the fact that this phone is NOT a one piece phone, and therefore may develop a little play in it's parts over time. If you do get a phone that has some of these symptoms, it may bother you or not..depending on how bad it is and how bad your OCD is The good thing is as long as you have a return policy of some sort, these things are easy to swap out (generally) as long as you're within the allotted timeframe.

Best thing to do if you can is actually get your hands on one and test drive it. Most people that have actually gotten their hands on mine have proceeded to go and get one for themselves..cuz it is a dam sexy phone.
    Dude you rock on the non-bias opinions.

Very much appreciation for this post. I ordered my torch now, and managed to sell my iPhone for 200 so im on a winner at the moment.

Ill let you know how i get on.

Thanks everyone else who didnt bash me for asking a question which has probably been asked many of times!
    10-20-10 12:42 PM
    We all hope that you will give more of a go than a few hours or days to really put it to the test. Good luck. Cheers.
    10-20-10 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD