I got my new BB Torch today, and I was initially very excited. I upgraded to OS .214 even before I popped my SIM card in. I played around with it briefly when it was all clean and didn't really notice any long wait times with the clock spinning.

Now however, after I got everything set up (imported old data, set up enterprise activation, facebook etc) I CONSTANTLY see the load indicator (clock) spinning, for extended periods of time. I've tried numerous battery pulls, no change. I thought maybe it was the FB app doing an intense amount of data transmissions, so I turned off all connections, still same issue.

Has anyone had this issue?`Is there any way I can monitor what is causing the load, i.e. using the resources?

Thanks for all help!
    09-08-10 03:18 PM
    try doing a wipe and reloading .214
    09-08-10 03:30 PM
    I second that. Try a security wipe and then rebuild. Only sync organizer data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 03:39 PM
    I very very rarely see the spinning clock unlike my previous Storm 2 LOL
    09-08-10 07:16 PM
    Same here - something probably went poorly with your install. I hardly ever see the clock. Wipe and reinstall and let us know if it still happens.
    09-08-10 07:54 PM
    The wheel in the sky keeps on turning...

Sorry, that started playing in my head when I read the thread title
    You can check what apps are using resources in the options. A full on OS wipe and reinstall may help. Also, if you moved third party apps from an old Berry, it may help to delete all of them and download the latest versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 08:47 PM
    I did a wipe and it fixed the issue. I think the problem arose because I transferred quite a few settings and data from my old device..

Thanks all!
    09-09-10 04:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD