Just D/L'd latest Google Maps and now it is asking for permissions for using personal information. I untick this option and it doen't like it so now it asks me every time I use it. Does anyone know how to turn this off as I don't want to give my personal info to google, or where I can get the older version back from?

Many thanks.
    01-25-11 09:40 AM
    Probably (knowing google) not a "say no to all" way. If there is, I'd be interested too. I also upgraded to the latest version. The maps work fine, but if I go to search for something "starbucks" for example, it sits and spins for a while, then says I need a data plan. I do have a data plan, and obviously the maps load/move with regard to wherever I am. Can you try searching for something and see if it works?
    01-25-11 11:34 AM
    My search for Starbucks worked (I also have personal information off). I'm currently on WiFi. I'll try again when I'm in a 3G only area.

And, I don't think there's a way for it to stop bugging you about that setting.
    01-25-11 11:38 AM
    I have just tried to search for Starbucks and it worked fine too. I'm on 3G.

I'm supprised there isn't more on the forum about this 'personal information' lark as I think google are taking a liberty with this. Fine if they ask, but not accepting a no is unacceptable. They will probably say they are not making use of personal info but I don't trust them. It's a broad sword to use.
    01-25-11 02:47 PM
    Kind of agree. I've been disappointed by Google Maps and GMail on the Torch. Feels like Google hasn't put enough work into the apps. I now run one of my gmail accounts through BIS and am much happier.
    01-25-11 06:34 PM
    I'm extremely annoyed with this also. Tired of google and facebook being so intrusive.
    02-02-11 08:53 PM
    I don't care about sharing my person info with Google, it's not like I hold much personal info on my BB anyways. But the problem I have with Google Maps is that it randomly opens. I'll have closed it completely, then I'll hold the BB button to bring up the App switcher and it will be there and I can't go to it. I can't even get BB Maps back..
    02-03-11 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD