Hi all.

I have been a BB user for a couple of years now, just got a Torch here in UK last week and im very pleased with it, im fairly good with technology but im unable to see if there is anyway to keep the screen on whilst the phone is on the Charging dock, maybe there isnt but if there is someone please point me in the right direction ?

Steve.
    10-09-10 06:54 AM
    I haven't figured this out yet either. I have a dock on the nightstand and in clock mode it stays on all the time. But in a car dock, with a charger plugged it, it dims as it would in normal mode. I'd love a way to set it to distinguish between battery and charger and modify the functionality based on that, but have not been able to find a power management setting.
    10-09-10 07:05 AM
    OK, mine goes into that clock mode when I plug it into a wall at home, how d I make it go completely blank? I dont want any lights/screen on. Also, can I turn off that bright green charged light? Its really bright beside my bed.

Sorry, just got my phone yesterday and it was bugging me yesterday.
    10-09-10 07:45 AM
    Go to clock -- settings -- and then set it up for beside mode while charging (if you want the clock and screen to remain on), or disable bedside mode if you want the screen to turn off as usual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 07:48 AM
    Go to clock -- settings -- and then set it up for beside mode while charging (if you want the clock and screen to remain on), or disable bedside mode if you want the screen to turn off as usual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks but i found that bit, i dont want the clock to display, i want the screen to stay on, displaying home screen for instance.

Steve.
    10-09-10 08:39 AM
    The screen won't stay on unless it's charging and the clock is up - you'll also need to have the "When Charging:" settings to either "Display Clock" or "Enter Bedside Mode". If you want the screen to blank, just hit the back button and it will close the clock and it will turn off after it times out.

You don't really have to enable bedside mode when charging - you can just open the clock and/or initiate bedside mode when you prefer. The phone will stay on either way as long as the clock is open and it's charging.

With regards to the charging dock - I've found that often when you slip it into the dock it turns on the clock and shows that it's charging...but it is sometimes false. You have to give it a push down to slide an extra millimeter or two and really make a good connection.

Also, can I turn off that bright green charged light? Its really bright beside my bed.

Sorry, just got my phone yesterday and it was bugging me yesterday.
    I don't think a green charging light is standard - do you have BerryBuzz installed or something? That has an option for battery charging LEDs.

You might be talking about the LED coverage indicator though - shows a LED when you have signal - go to options/display/screen display and untick "LED Coverage Indicator".

You could also use bedside mode to disable LED (while in bedside mode) if you prefer to leave the LED on otherwise.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 11-16-10 at 05:02 PM.
    10-09-10 08:49 AM
    I just got the phone, and definately dont have that program installed. (assuming its something you have to download) I just found how to turn off the flashing green coverage indicator, but when my phone reaches full charge the light is solid green. although I have not plugged it in since I turned off the signal indicator so we'll find out tonight.
    10-10-10 08:44 AM
    i have my Torch in a cradle in my car - it's constantly charging and i'd like to have the screen on (not on clock) while it's charging - does anyone know of any software apps that will do this?!
    11-16-10 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD