Is there a way you can select fire fox IE for the browser on the torch or do i have to download a secondary one thanks in advance
    10-02-10 11:34 PM
    Unfortunately Mozilla hasn't developed a version of Firefox for Blackberry yet. From what I've seen, it doesn't look like one is coming in the foreseeable future. I haven't seen anything in the way of other 3rd party browsers for the Torch either. The browser that comes with the OS isn't bad ... it does pretty much everything you need it do once you find your way around.
    10-02-10 11:49 PM
    No dice on Firefox and IE.

There is Bolt and Opera Mini, though. They both seem to work pretty well.

But with the Webkit browser, you really don't need 3rd party browsers. The Webkit is better than both Bolt and Opera Mini.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 12:04 AM
    I believe the OP was asking about being able to change the browser identification like the old browser, and the answer is no. The new browser is all automatic and will normally go to the full site, although some sites will still identify the browser as a mobile browser and automatically go to the mobile version of the site. Not much you can do about it.
    10-03-10 07:29 AM
    No dice on Firefox and IE.

There is Bolt and Opera Mini, though. They both seem to work pretty well.

But with the Webkit browser, you really don't need 3rd party browsers. The Webkit is better than both Bolt and Opera Mini.

Have you actually tried Opera Mini for the Torch? I came from a storm 9530 running Opera and loved it..so I'm curious as to whether they've adapted anything for the Torch and what it runs like (not that there is anything wrong with my current browser by any means..just more for a curiosity's sake)

10-03-10 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD