Dear all
    I am BES & BIS user..
    I have used the 9800 torch for a while, the I went back to use another device with OS 5. Since that time after I synch wirelessly or with cable-DM I face a severe problem ,
    which is I CANNOT OPEN THE MAIN MENU
    I just can see the main first screen, but when I press menu key I see (move- hide- move-theme options- switch application)

I made wipe and battery bull and servicebook . But problem still there.

Before synch I see everything normally, but after synch I cannot as I mentioned before.

Please help
    Email: wael.naby@gmail.com
    01-20-11 05:42 PM
    Not quite sure what "main screen" you're talking about. Do you mean. Your home screen or your icon screen? Unlike OS5, the BlackBerry button does not open your icon screen in OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 06:47 PM
    i mean by Main screen , is the icon screen: that full screen where you see all your icon or applications .

the problem i cannot open this icon/main screen since i switched from torch to curve(OS 5)
    01-21-11 03:15 AM
    hi, I just swithed from 9700 bold to 9800 torch.
    can you clarify why you back to OS5 ?? any problem with the torch 9800 ??
    01-21-11 04:23 AM
    At first I thought u said u downgraded from OS6 to OS5 on the Torch.... If that's what you mean, is that even possible?

Dear all
    I am BES & BIS user..
    I have used the 9800 torch for a while, the I went back to use another device with OS 5…. Since that time after I synch wirelessly or with cable-DM I face a severe problem ,
    which is I CANNOT OPEN THE MAIN MENU
    I just can see the main first screen, but when I press menu key I see (move- hide- move-theme options- switch application)

I made wipe and battery bull and servicebook …. But problem still there.

Before synch I see everything normally, but after synch I cannot as I mentioned before.

Please help
    Email: wael.naby@gmail.com

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-21-11 05:37 AM
    Downgrading the OS to 5 from 6 on the torch is completely impossible.

I guess the easiest thing to do is to try a security wipe. If that doesn't help then a complete wipe and reload of the OS is in order.
    01-21-11 07:02 AM
    Did you try touching the screen to make the menu pop up? I know a wimple question, but it doesn't just appear. Also, while your phone is syncing especially if you are using the out of the box OS the phone was REALLY REALLY SLOW! It really didn't let you do a whole lot while it was syncing. Update your OS, or just wait and let it do it's thing if you can't update.
    01-21-11 01:52 PM
    As suggested, I would wipe the device, reinstall the OS and not be concerned with syncing right now until you find out what's going on with your device(?) and get it running. You can always cut/copy and paste the files that you wanted to sync- music/pics/videos, anytime, or reinstall from a backup file...for that device. Just out of curiosity, what is the other device?
    01-21-11 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD