I've just received my lovely new Torch and had to wait for three days for my old number to port to a new network (I'm now on Orange UK). This has all worked fine, however in the My Number field the number that shows is the number I had temporarily during those three days. I cannot find how to amend this to the ported number - can anyone help? I've trawled the forums and suggested solutions seem to be for older devices and/or previous OSs so they don't work in this case. I might be missing something really simple... but go easy on me, I'm new to the handset.
    11-03-10 12:48 PM
    Try options->device->advanced system settings->sim card then click the menu key and select edit sim phone number.
    11-03-10 12:51 PM
    Nice one pbflash - it worked straight away. Cheers.
    11-03-10 01:00 PM
    I had a Samsung Mythic before I got my Torch. My question is when I would call my house on the Mytic my name would show up on the caller ID on the tv, but now just my number shows up. Is there something I have to change to get my name to show up on the caller ID's? Thanks
    Last edited by Franksterp69; 11-03-10 at 07:32 PM.
    11-03-10 07:30 PM
    Frankster, go to https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=p-LAw-Dg and register for an account. Its a free service provided by AT&T. From there you can change the CID names that appear for each device on your plan. Hope this helps, PM me if need be.
    11-03-10 07:55 PM
    Try options->device->advanced system settings->sim card then click the menu key and select edit sim phone number.
    Superb pbflash, after hours of searching your post solved this issue in seconds - thankyou

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD