I had a car charger that was charging my torch without issue for like my first 3 month, then it stopped working so I though my charger was not working properly anymore so I decide to buy a new one, with the new one it still doesn't want to charge, so I picked one of the curve 8900 that we have at work to see if the charger does work, and yes it does charge the 8900 perfectly.

now I remember that I upgraded to .448 when my charger stopped to work, I didn't think it could be related to the os but now I'm not sure anymore. Anyway I will try to downgrade my phone to .337 to see if I'm able to charge it in the car again.

am I the only one having problem with that ?
    04-15-11 10:56 AM
    Are you sure that it is not charging? I ask because some versions of OS6 do not display the little lightning bolt charging symbol whenthe phone is, in fact charging.

A more certain way to check is to power off the phone voa the red button and then try charging. Corrct chaging will cause the LED to flash yellow-green about evey two seconds and completed charging (full battery) will show the LED on solid green.

Upgrading the phone's OS and maybe changing the theme will help resovle the display problem once youhave established correct charging.
    AcADIeN likes this.
    04-15-11 11:05 AM
    I'm 100% sure it's not charging because it show a message saying that my usb source does not send enough power and I should try another usb port (I don't remember the exact same message, but if you are an experience blackberry user I'm sure you will know what I mean).

My battery apps also show that it does not charge (yes I did my own battery apps)

upgrading ? I have the lastest leak, and I had problem since .448 (so .448, .486, .526 and 534) that's why I said that I will try .337.

maybe my phone have a defect on it, but I know it was working fine since the first day that I got my torch (6 month ago) until I installed .448 (somewhere arround December 25) since then I'm not able to charge in my car.
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 04-15-11 at 12:06 PM.
    04-15-11 12:02 PM
    Ahh. The USB power specificaion is less at 500mA than the requirement the 9800 needs at 700mA.

If you are seeing this message, then this is your problem.

You need to find a voltage stabilized car charger that will supply at least 700mA at 5Volts BUT, it must be 5 volts.

I use a Belkin device that works well.

It may be that .448 is a bit more exigent about its current sensing than other OS versions.
    AcADIeN likes this.
    04-15-11 12:26 PM
    yeah that's what I'm thinking maybe the .448 and higher look for specific ma, anyway I found some guys that had a usb charger for his bb, so I tried his charger on mine and it work great, I tried my charger with his and it work great too, so we did a trade, now I'm able to charge my phone in car. I do have another charger that is an AC converter + a usb port, and the usb port give me the same problem as my old charger (and I was able to charge my friend bb with that too) so I will try to put .337 this week end and try the test again, I will let you guys know what I see.

Thanks Pete6 for your help
    04-15-11 12:50 PM
    yeah that's what I'm thinking maybe the .448 and higher look for specific ma, anyway I found some guys that had a usb charger for his bb, so I tried his charger on mine and it work great, I tried my charger with his and it work great too, so we did a trade, now I'm able to charge my phone in car. I do have another charger that is an AC converter + a usb port, and the usb port give me the same problem as my old charger (and I was able to charge my friend bb with that too) so I will try to put .337 this week end and try the test again, I will let you guys know what I see.

Thanks Pete6 for your help
    J'ai espere que ca marche comme il le devrait.
    04-15-11 02:30 PM
    moi too j'espere ;p
    04-15-11 04:41 PM
    If you run into trouble again, the Belkin charger works great. I have one. Also, the Sprint and Verizon branded micro USB chargers work great. I am talking about the ones with the springy cords attached. I haven't tried the ones with just the USB A port in them.
    04-15-11 10:14 PM
    Great advice, i just had to throw my worthless tid bit in LOL. I was camping late last year and my torch battery was dying, so I grabbed the car charger and plugged into my vehicles cigarrette light and walked off. When I returned, I discovered the power source is insuffecient to charge my device....long story short, my vehicles battery was dead from using dc to ac invertors while campling LOL...oops
    04-16-11 12:16 AM
    Thanks for the info
    04-16-11 08:06 AM
    Time to bright back that old post to live, FYI, now that I'm OS 6.0.0.570, with the exact same phone, exact same battery, exact same charger, exact same car, now it charge perfectly, so it seems to be related to the OS after all.
    06-21-11 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD