What's up with that? I downloaded the OS from the link here. Plugged the phone in.

Attempt #1- used DM and from there clicked app launcher, and hit start...and still had .246 on it.

Attempt #2- opened the acutal OS on the computer and launched app loader and STILL couldn't get it.

Is this an ATT OS? Do I need to remove the Vendor.xml? (I'm on ATT)
    01-27-11 08:45 PM
    Yes you must delete the Vendor.xml file..It is not an att release.
    01-27-11 08:54 PM
    Uninstall any BlackBerry update you have in Control Panel, I am not talking about the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, under it, usually if you had installed any OS in the past, you will find BlackBerry Software update vxxxx

Manually backup your phone using BlackBerry Desktop Manager just incase something goes wrong then CLOSE BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

First you must start by downloading OS 6.0.0.337 from the following link >>> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=F466E84E4D899DDA09BE2BF2D3D7ECE3

Select Torch 9800 from the drop down list, then click download, fill in your details, then proceed.

After the download is complete, install the file you have just downloaded.

Next, browse to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
    In that folder, you will find a file called vendor.xml, DELETE that file

While you are in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of loader.exe

Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.

Now you will be introducted with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.
    Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.

After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, andthe upgrade process shall begin.
    Your phone will automaticaly create a backup of your settings / apps first, then it will wipe the old OS then install the new one and restore the backup.

Should anything go wrong at this stage, you will have to wipe your device again and try again, but luckily, we have created a backup file at the beginning of these instructions, so you will still be able to restore all your contacts, emails, settings, etc.
    I am not trying to scare you, it is pretty straight forward, however, we have had cases were a few members had something wrong go during the process which rendered them without a backup of their contacts, emails, settings
    01-28-11 02:00 AM
    if you dont delete the vendor file, DM will see your vendor ID doesnt match that of the file and will not find it as an update. so YES, as ALL of the OS loading procedures around here state, delete the vendor file.
    01-28-11 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD