My 9800 won't log in to Google Talk. In fact, it never has. I have deleted and reinstalled the application. All I get is the spinning circle as it tries to login.

After several minutes, I get the message "Internal Error. Cannot connect to server. Please try again later".

Google Talk worked no problem on my 9700 and 9000.

I have enabled an APN and set permissions to "Allow".
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 10-05-10 at 04:30 PM.
    10-05-10 03:28 PM
    Sorry that I can't offer any suggestions. I can tell you however that Google Talk does work on my Torch. I loose the connection occasionally (which never happened with my 9700) but other than having to reconnect every other day or so, it seems to work fine.
    10-05-10 03:56 PM
    Just got my Torch today. I can sign into to GTalk, but right after I switched from my 9000 to my 9800 I had 9!! GTalk icons on my home screen. Plugged into Desktop again, all but 1 disappeared.................and so did EVERY email I had. I'm not really happy with how this device switch went. There seem to be many users with Google related issues following the device switch. Sorry I have no recommended solution for you.
    10-05-10 04:20 PM
    Sorry that I can't offer any suggestions. I can tell you however that Google Talk does work on my Torch. I loose the connection occasionally (which never happened with my 9700) but other than having to reconnect every other day or so, it seems to work fine.
    Thanks! At least I know it is possible for the application to work.
    10-05-10 04:21 PM
    I can login with another Gmail account, but not my main one. Weird. Can you log into Google Talk at multiple locations (i.e. berry, home PC and office PC) all at the same time?
    10-05-10 05:26 PM
    I can login intermittently to Google Talk. Very weird.
    11-07-10 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD