hey,

I just got the torch and when i try and play my songs on my sd card though my USB cord into the jack in my car deck sony xplod. I switch it to USB mode on the deck and it say's on the phone, Media sync>Mass storage or charge.
    When i push media sync it don't do notthing and when i hit USB mass storage,
    it say's on the deck reading...... Then say's no music i know i got music on there i can't find any help on google search...I used to be able to play song's on my old blackberry though the USB port no problem plug and play...

Also i put my songs on my phone threw my computer>blackberry user tool> blackberry>music>

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
    12-10-10 01:23 AM
    Hmm. I don't think it works like that. I don't know that you can stream via a cable but you can by BT as long as your car system has A2DP. When you bond the devices you will see that as a supported feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 07:35 AM
    So they play fine when not plugged in? Try removing the songs, format the car and reload them. I know it may not sound like a fix but it's all trial and error now. Have you tried another cable.
    12-10-10 07:57 AM
    I use a cable from the headphone jack to my car's auxillary in. Works like a charm.
    12-10-10 08:01 AM
    I use 3.5mm headphone jack to car as well.

If you use the USB, you have to have the music on your 4GB internal storage, not on your MicroSD card. When you plug it in, just like plugging it in to your computer, it reads BOTH storage cards as USB devices. Unfortunately, your car is probably only picking up the first one, which is the internal.
    12-10-10 08:25 AM
    But he is trying to use the USB port not the audio port. Are my eyes crossed or did I misunderstand the OPs post?

12-10-10 10:41 AM
    But he is trying to use the USB port not the audio port. Are my eyes crossed or did I misunderstand the OPs post?
    When he plugs his phone into his car's USB port it just mounds the USB drives and scans for mp3s. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a setup like this where it could differentiate between the two drives attached to the single USB port...it just looks at the first one and ignores the second.

I've always wondered if there was some trick to make it load the MicroSD first...but it's always 2nd...so you have to have the music on the internal 4GB.

I find it way easier just to use the 3.5mm headphone jack and control the music from my phone rather than from my car's stereo.
    12-10-10 10:45 AM
    Anyone getting like a radio interference sound when they connect it with the cable to the car AUX in?
    12-10-10 03:23 PM
    Anyone getting like a radio interference sound when they connect it with the cable to the car AUX in?
    Mine sounds perfect - though there is a bit of interference sound if I make a phone call while it's plugged in but nothing too bad.
    12-10-10 04:41 PM
    I use a cable from the headphone jack to my car's auxillary in. Works like a charm.
    Same here and no problem at all.

12-10-10 11:38 PM
    Would also suggest a 3.5mm headphone jack - by far the easiest/simplest/best solution!
    12-11-10 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD