Greetings, everyone....

I have wasted an hour or two on this problem already... hopefully someone here has found a solution.

I have a long (around 20 min) video on my phone, saved in the 3GP format, that simply will not play (on my Torch 9800). Not on my phone, not on Quicktime, not *anywhere*. I have wasted time and hard drive space downloading various converting programs (including SUPER) and it's not doing the trick.

I have done endless searches on the problem and found that tons of people have had the same issue playing 3GP files on their phones, but no one seems to have found a solution.

Has anyone else had this problem? found a solution? a video app I can put on my phone that will actually play it (and no, xplayer didn't do it either)? is the video just too damn long?

I'm going crazy and wasting so much time looking for an answer!

thanks in advance,
    Rebecca
    12-20-10 12:18 PM
    tried a converter to MP4?
    12-20-10 12:20 PM
    Never tried a 3gp video. I convert all my videos to mp4 and all work flawlessly.
    12-20-10 12:21 PM
    1) I can't convert the file at all.... SUPER couldn't convert and gave me an error

2) 3Gp is the format the phone chooses to record in, not much I can do about that.
    12-20-10 12:45 PM
    just tried "Total Video Converter" which also couldn't convert it to Mpeg or MP4.
    DirectShowSource Error..... ??
    12-20-10 12:51 PM
    1) I can't convert the file at all.... SUPER couldn't convert and gave me an error

2) 3Gp is the format the phone chooses to record in, not much I can do about that.
    You recorded this from your phone and it wont play? Sounds like a corrupt file if this is the case. On the other hand this is what I do with video I've taken on the phone and wan to use elsewhere.

Connect your phone to your pc, drag the file off your memory card/internal storage, use a good quality program (I like xillisoft ultimate) to transcode it from 3gp to mp4. Then drag and drop it back onto your device.
    AcADIeN likes this.
    12-20-10 12:52 PM
    here is what you could do

first download vlc player, it will try to play the 3gp no matther were the corrupt is, if it's only the sound that is causing the problem you will see the vid but no sound. If you hear something but don't see the vid then you can stop reading my next step because there is nothing I found to fix the video.

the way I fixed the sound problem is that I uploaded my vid to youtube, and then redonwload it from youtube using keepvid.com. I always had problem with my curve 8900 and I never actually try to see if I could fix it with 9800 (I'm still using that to get my vid with sound).

edit: what homer said is another way using xillisoft ultimate, but my way no need to install something else, it's you to choose what you want to do. remember, youtube does lower your vid quality everytime you upload/download from it.
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 12-20-10 at 01:15 PM.
    12-20-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD